What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Roasted chicken and broccoli.

To be more specific, I spatchcocked a chicken and then dry brined a chicken. After I took the chicken out of the fridge, I made a paste out of 8+ garlic cloves, 1 habanero (from the garden but frozen), 3 tbsp of olive oil, and half of a preserved lemon. Most of that got rubbed most of it under the skin of the chicken and the rest of it was rubbed on top. That then marinated for 2 hours before it went in the oven. I basted it with butter a few times.

The broccoli went in the oven while the chicken was resting.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    I forgot to photograph the almond macaroons.
    ifs6iigztj3t.jpeg
    xtvmgfxybx9f.jpeg

• acpgee
    We still have a fridge full of crudites leftover from last nights bagna cauda so will make another hot dip for raw veg tonight. Nam prik ong for supper.
    https://importfood.com/recipes/recipe/201-spicy-pork-and-tomato-dip-with-veggies-nam-prik-ong
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Last thing I cooked was an "eggroll in a bowl" prep for lunches for the week. Right before that I whipped up a cookies and cream cheese cake, which is currently cooling in the oven. c: Can't wait to try both tomorrow!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    @c4therineB that looks divine!!!

Last night I made a mushroom and diced ham mixture that I put on top of biscuits, and I pan fried some petite Yukon gold potatoes
  • Emmyr81
    Emmyr81 Posts: 4 Member
    Home Made Chicken Chow Mein! Chicken, bok choy, celery, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, soy sauce, tiny bit of sugar, cornstarch to thicken, rice.
  • MiniTacos
    MiniTacos Posts: 11 Member
    sivg4thmnexj.jpg
    Egg drop soup homemade!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Channa masala using a recipe from Serious Eats. I halved the recipe because a. I didn't feel like cooking dried chickpeas (even in the instant pot) and b. I thought we already had a can so I only picked up one 15oz can of chickpeas - it calls for two.

I'm eating it with a fresh pita from the Lebanese store I live near (they bake them to order).
  • acpgee
    Grilled Belgian endive topped with gorgonzola sauce followed Dutch split pea soup.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    t9ex9idkq2ge.jpg

Today was my meal prep day...
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    (Tuesday 26th): slowcooker Italian Garden Veg Stew with diced chicken breast and tortellini. Counting red and green peppers as "1" and including the white beans, there are 8 different veggies in this recipe. Haven't toted up the macros yet, but this should be fairly moderate. I got a little ambitious with the veggies, could hardly fit anything more in the crockpot.

Pics:
    1. Served. Garnish with grated parm, basil and oregano.
    2. In slowcooker.

ytnbsreym385.jpg

bi8hq6022rbl.jpg

• schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Boneless/skinless chicken thighs cooked in pasta sauce with a sliced red bell pepper served over whole wheat penne noodles.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Everyone's meals looks amazing!! I need to take more pictures!
    Last night I made a one-pot supper of smoked turkey sausage, basmati rice, diced tomatoes, garlic, bell pepper Worchester and had a biscuit on the side.
  • acpgee
    I am planning to do air fryer buffalo wings, blue cheese sauce, carrot sticks and celery sticks, some boiled new potatoes.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    skinnytaste turkey cutlet with at ton of asparagus roasted in olive oil and garlic
  • acpgee
    It's my turn to cook on Sunday. We still have a lot of leftover crudites ingredients from the dinner party last Saturay when I made bagna cauda as a starter (https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/marcella-hazans-bagna-cauda-anchovy-and-garlic-dip). Managed to use up some of the leftover veg last night doing Nam Prik Ong (https://importfood.com/recipes/recipe/201-spicy-pork-and-tomato-dip-with-veggies-nam-prik-ong). So Sunday will try to use up the last of the veg with the another classic dish of crudites with dipping sauce, grande alioli (https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/grand-aioli). These dishes of raw veg dipped into fatty sauce are a good way to have low carb meals where I never miss the starch.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Made an italian meatball and pasta bake with olives, mushrooms, onions, and fire roasted tomatoes with low-carb marinara. I allowed for larger servings, so the calorie content is pretty heavy, but it was quite satisfying! IIFYM...

Tonight is a deep dish taco pie with loads of tomato, avocado, onion, etc!