Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• widgit808widgit808 Posts: 116Member, Premium Member Posts: 116Member, Premium Member
    Tuna fish mixed with cottage cheese + ezekiel bread.
    Any lean meat and veg combo.
    Natural yoghurts with berries.
    Meat and brown rice or sweet pots.
    Oatmeal and berries.
    Whey Isolate shakes.

Slap yo mammas powder over everything, not even kidding :)

@lildickybarrett love slay yo mamma..stocked up when i was in NO
  • luckymommy27luckymommy27 Posts: 101Member Member Posts: 101Member Member
    Lasagna tonight for my five year olds birthday!
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Posts: 602Member Member Posts: 602Member Member
    Went hiking with a senior group today, so made a simplistic dinner: braised chicken and veggies in a white wine reduction (sounds more impressive than the simple thing it is), served with spaghetti squash and sauce. Low sodium, very low fat, low carb, high flavor.

Pics:
    1. Chicken, veggies braising.
    2. Served, with squash and sauce.

twj05ijxxfec.jpg

p0nrlqugclhf.jpg

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,164Member Member Posts: 6,164Member Member
    Caulipowered pizza Margherita with Yves vegan pepperoni. Excellent.
  • rhaiinrhaiin Posts: 613Member Member Posts: 613Member Member
    I made homemade chili for the first time last night. I never liked chili growing up because of the beans, but I've learned to like black beans now, so I made it with them. It turned out pretty good. My fiance even said it tasted better than his mom's, so I must have done something right.
    edited February 8
  • widgit808widgit808 Posts: 116Member, Premium Member Posts: 116Member, Premium Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Went hiking with a senior group today, so made a simplistic dinner: braised chicken and veggies in a white wine reduction (sounds more impressive than the simple thing it is), served with spaghetti squash and sauce. Low sodium, very low fat, low carb, high flavor.

Pics:
    1. Chicken, veggies braising.
    2. Served, with squash and sauce.

twj05ijxxfec.jpg

p0nrlqugclhf.jpg

Yum!
  • lagirlatheartlagirlatheart Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    The last meal I made, was ham steak, with eggs, and hashbrowns. We've started to cut back the amount of gluten in our diets here, and breakfast for dinner was really low on the calories and carbs.
  • tripitenatripitena Posts: 557Member Member Posts: 557Member Member
    Posole for family, cheeseless calabacitas for myself.
    Saturday: a big day for errands and ToDos, while the crockpot bubbles away for hours getting dinner ready. Tonight: Slowcooker Texas BBQ Chicken Stew served over spaghetti squash. Decent macros, good flavor (MFP Recipe Builder says this plate is 758cal, 54g protein, 17g fat, 17g fiber - with the cheese, but didn't count the cucumber).

29t5obv5ck8u.jpg
  • ultra_violetsultra_violets Posts: 132Member Member Posts: 132Member Member
    I did a keto version of chicken with cashew nuts. Just four ingredients: cubed boneless skinless chicken thighs, steamed broccoli, toasted cashews and a tablespoon of House of Tsang's classic stir fry sauce. So good.
  • Jonno_83Jonno_83 Posts: 11Member, Premium Member Posts: 11Member, Premium Member
    Chicken wrap. Made with grilled chicken marinated in a paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice rub over night. With grilled onions, fried bell peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, a little yoghurt on the wrap and a sprinkle of spinach
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 1,934Member Member Posts: 1,934Member Member
    Burmese style chicken coconut curry.
    "French Lentil Soup," slowcooker version. I make it loaded with veggies, semi-thick and chunky. Could be made vegan-style, I used beef stock tonight.

Pics:
    1. Veggie/lentil mix ready for stock and seasonings to be added.
    2. Completed/served product.

es26vf9y8cqk.jpg

1lwyp5ou8qyk.jpg

• 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 6,894Member Member Posts: 6,894Member Member
    Made turkey in plum sauce.

gw7uow0fpjf6.jpg
  • an0393naan0393na Posts: 840Member Member Posts: 840Member Member
    Whole pork loin in smokey chipotle rub on apples and onions. Served with french fries and a salad.
  • AngryViking1970AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,710Member Member Posts: 2,710Member Member
    Yesterday I made an herb rubbed sirloin tip roast with salt potatoes and green beans. We'd been living on soup and sandwiches for like a week, so to have a home cooked meal was glorious.
  • runnermom419runnermom419 Posts: 290Member Member Posts: 290Member Member
    Last night was buffalo chicken wraps. First I brined two chicken breasts (Large saucepan of water, bring to a boil, add quarter cup of salt, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper), let the brine cool and then let the chicken soak in the brine for a few hours. I threw the chicken in the crockpot along with a cup of buffalo sauce, turned to high for about 3 hours then shredded it. Served on a wrap with lettuce, blue cheese, tomato and onion.
    Last night was buffalo chicken wraps. First I brined two chicken breasts (Large saucepan of water, bring to a boil, add quarter cup of salt, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper), let the brine cool and then let the chicken soak in the brine for a few hours. I threw the chicken in the crockpot along with a cup of buffalo sauce, turned to high for about 3 hours then shredded it. Served on a wrap with lettuce, blue cheese, tomato and onion.

When you are throwing meat in the slow cooker to stew for few hours, you absolutely do not have to brine it. It does nothing at all.
  • midlomel1971midlomel1971 Posts: 992Member Member Posts: 992Member Member
    This instant pot recipe called Tuscan Chicken . It's basically Chicken Alfredo with penne and it was freaking AMAZING. Not exactly low-cal, but I tried to lighten it up a little bit using low-fat cream cheese and skim milk. I love my Instant Pot. SO. MUCH.

https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-tuscan-chicken-pasta/comment-page-2/#comment-491108