Fat legs!!!

Options
GoodLardy
GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
Anyone have any leg before and afters? Especially if you had the type of leg that is narrow at the ankle but then gets wider and wider all way up, with no dip at the knees? No knees :( I’ve been told my legs will look the same even if I lose, and that just crushes my soul. I have to have hope! Please share your leg success!

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly interested in this post as my legs are the things I'm most concerned about. I have no idea what I'll look like at maintenance, but right now I still have toddler ankles. XD

I have dreams, hopes, desperations of no longer having ankles that look like they belong on a giant toddler. I want womanly legs and ankles!
  • GoodLardy
    Options
    @AnnieGottaRun thank you for sharing ! Your legs were cute before, now they are gorgeous! So strong looking, and normal knees! I’m 5’ 5” , so close enough to be relevant, I’ve got 80 pounds or so I’d like to lose though.
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @GoodLardy Thanks! Happy to share!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Everyone is different, but for me at least, the shape of my leg stays the same and looks the same, but the actual size has gone down. And my jean size has gone down. Just the way it is for me.

Don't let it get you down. Keep going forward and try taking measurements of your legs periodically. Thighs, knees, calves and ankles. That may make you feel better about your legs!
    Best of luck!
  • GoodLardy
    Options
    mazcor536 wrote: »
    This is with a 50lb loss
    vo8brvvspr4d.jpeg

You worked very hard! Looking wonderful!
  • GoodLardy
    Options
    @motivatedmartha
    @missysippy930

Thank you for your advice, it does help! The truth is , what keeps me going, is that this is for my health. So though I hate my legs, I’ve no inclination to stop working out/ eating better. But I do get sad when I see these tree trunks. If at least they can become smaller I’ll be okay I think. I’ll start measuring for proof. I’ve said for as long as I can remember, I only like my legs when they’re over my head because they look so much better that way than when standing up!
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The title of this post made me think of the Rod Stewart song “Hot Legs” but with the lyrics changed. :D

As of yet, my legs are still fat. So I cannot hep you. Carry on.
  • GoodLardy
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    One thought. I've already seen at least a dozen people today with their ankles and calves showing and I could not tell you if a single one had fat ones. I can however tell you who smiled or had something interesting on or something to say. Sometimes our obsessions really are just 'ours' :) Happy Trails.

Oh, it’s not ankles and calves for me. It’s the entire thing and it gets worse as it moves north. But I do understand what you are saying :)
  • GoodLardy
    Options
    squeaker87 wrote: »
    The title of this post made me think of the Rod Stewart song “Hot Legs” but with the lyrics changed. :D

As of yet, my legs are still fat. So I cannot hep you. Carry on.

I’m going to have a listen to this!
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think you have lovely legs!
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    kardsharp wrote: »
    I think you have lovely legs!

I second this!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Here's a post from someone else where there's a definite change in legs. I've been using my recumbent bike every day for most of the year and I can see good muscle definition when I lie down and raise my legs (the fat rolls down and covers it when I stand up) :smiley: If you have fat legs now, losing weight must change them surely!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/790005/58-511-women-before-after-pics#latest
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I can only speak for myself but my legs only got worse as I lost 100 pounds. You can see a pic of them in my success story from a couple weeks ago. It's the first time I let anyone see them. Just had a thigh lift last week. I cannot say how the results will be as it's kind of a crap shoot with this surgery. Hopefully for at least 75% better than they were. I think you really just have to wait and see because I think most of it is genetics. As my surgeon says, my skin is like parchment paper and very difficult for him to work with. No matter what, being healthier will be best for you in the end. Keep a positive mindset, work hard at your goals, and see where you are when you get there. No sense worrying about it just yet. 😊

Here is the link to my thread if you're interested.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10684059/my-100-pound-journey-with-pics#latest
  • notarunnermfp
    notarunnermfp Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Along the lines of what mom23mangos said, I’ve seen success from recomping/building muscle.
    These pictures are actually around the exact same body weight. Before I started lifting/about 3 years of lifting. 3joa9qlrhopi.jpeg
  • GoodLardy
    Options
    Along the lines of what mom23mangos said, I’ve seen success from recomping/building muscle.
    These pictures are actually around the exact same body weight. Before I started lifting/about 3 years of lifting. 3joa9qlrhopi.jpeg

Your entire shape has changed so much! Such a tiny waist and strong beautiful legs! Very inspirational to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!