Fat legs!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier

Not to be creepy, but I zoomed in on your before pic, and oh my gosh! Those are very similar to my legs ! Except picture 80 more pounds on them. I’ve never seen legs like mine on anyone else. That gives me much hope. As long as I keep up w the cal count and exercise of course.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to follow a structured lifting program that include lots of squats and deadlift. It helps the shape not to mention strength, which is of course crucial to long term health, balance, and mobility.
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I encourage you to follow a structured lifting program that include lots of squats and deadlift. It helps the shape not to mention strength, which is of course crucial to long term health, balance, and mobility.

Right now I indoor row, and follow a dumbbell program and it includes many compound movements. I do this three times weekly and it also includes deadlifts, squats, etc. I use dumbbells that are probably light for most but still feel hard for myself. I’ve been watching ads for second hand barbell equipment. It’s not feasible for me to go to a gym with work schedule and family commitments. Which is okay w me, I like working out at home. I’m not tempted to skip workouts this way. If I had to workout publicly I probably would be more likely to miss workouts. Hopefully o can find equipment and progress from my dumbbells.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    @SummerSkier

Not to be creepy, but I zoomed in on your before pic, and oh my gosh! Those are very similar to my legs ! Except picture 80 more pounds on them. I’ve never seen legs like mine on anyone else. That gives me much hope. As long as I keep up w the cal count and exercise of course.

Not creepy at all. And I actually did not expect my legs to get better. I have some loose skin mostly I think because of my age but Lorrph is correct and it sounds like you are already on track with that. I think that running helps me a lot. I started with the couch to 5K program. But if you have a ways to go then walking is probably better to startwith so you don't overstress your joints until you are down a little closer. Also with 80 more you may end up wanting to get some surgery - esp if you are younger - but everyone is different. Once I hit my goal last year I made it my PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to maintain for at least a year before I was critical of my skin or how I looked. I never thought I would wear shorts again (and I might not really in public due to the skin) but a good friend sent me some running shorts last Xmas and it gave me the bravery to run in them. A gal at work I know has had quite a bit of surgery after losing over 100 pounds - and just had her thighs and butt done I think. I could but hey Im old and single and Im really the only one who sees the bad stuff. Most folks don't even notice. NOW if we were a naked society. oh oh.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!