Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I'm one of the most stubborn person you'll ever meet.

But if you're that stubborn how will you ever give up your life to come to the UK to meet me??

r58koh4qzwlu.gif

That's cos your stubborn.
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    Options

But if you're that stubborn how will you ever give up your life to come to the UK to meet me??

r58koh4qzwlu.gif

ho7afcj7dl46.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cngaer1e6wg6.gif
  • PAFC84
    Options

r58koh4qzwlu.gif

ho7afcj7dl46.gif

O God. Using Jennifer Lawrence to make your point. Yea we wouldn't get on lol
    Options

r58koh4qzwlu.gif

ho7afcj7dl46.gif

O God. Using Jennifer Lawrence to make your point. Yea we wouldn't get on lol

:D
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Before I write this, I just want to clarify that I'm not looking for a pity party. I'm hoping that by sharing my story, maybe it will help some people see that it's ok to reach out for help when you feel like you need it, you don't need to do it alone. This is going to be long, alot of you won't read it.

I'm 37 years old, a proud mother of 2 beautiful kids, I have a great career,  I have everything I need. Anyone looking at me from the outside would think "she's lucky, she seems to have it all together" . Guess what? I really don't. 

I was with the father of my children for 20 years, those first 14 years were the best of my life, he was my best friend, until addiction stole him away from us, I didn't know him anymore, but I didn't want to give up on him, even if that meant me being unhappy, I did that for 6 years, until I couldn't handle it anymore and had to get myself and my kids out of there. I still loved him dearly, because I knew he wasn't the man I fell in love with. At that point, I didn't even know myself anymore. Leaving was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I felt horrible to leave, because I didn't want to give up on him, but he didn't want to help himself and I had to do what was best for me and my kids. This... this is what REALLY took a toll on me. But I had to stay strong, because I didn't want my children to see me so weak. This all happenned 1 year and 8 months ago.

Months after my seperation, heartache, feeling depressed. I lost my best friend to cancer, she was like a sister to me, friends since grade 2, the person I always went to, for anything and everything. Opening up has never been easy for me, but with her, it was. This was another very hard moment in my life, I was already at a low place at this point... but again, I had to keep it together, I have 2 kids that need me.

7 months after her death, I get a phone call. My ex husband was missing, they couldn't find him. 2 days later, I got another phone call, he was intoxicated, and got in a bad car accident, that killed a innocent lady. He was in bad shape, but the doctor said his chances of pulling through were good, but he wouldn't be the same. 5 days later... he was going for surgery and didn't make it through. I fell to my knees when I received that phone call. I felt like it wasn't real, that couldn't happen, how am I going to tell my kids that their father is gone and will never be back. How am I going to do this???  Again... I had to stay strong for them, they can't see me weak.

Now... a little over 3 months after this all happenned. Here I am, sitting in a hospital bed, because I've reached rock bottom. I came here on my own because I didn't know what else to do. If I stayed home, I would have kept on drinking more than I should have (to try to forget) , I would have over worked myself like i've been doing (to try to put my mind somewhere else) I know it wouldn't have ended well. So... I'm here, getting the help I need, the rest I need...and this year is going to be about me, overcoming this and getting out of it stronger, healthier and happier. It's going to take some time. I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I'm going to try my hardest.

I have a long road to recovery ahead of me. I'm not proud to have waited this long to reach out, but anyone going through difficult times needs to know that it's never too late.

you can do anything. I know that sounds so trite but I've always thought it's a good thing to remember.
    you've survived a lot of awful things that'd crack other people entirely.

doesn't mean it was easy. it ain't ever gonna be easy.

but youve done it. And you can keep on doing it. you have to.

maybe this place can help you along the way.
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Before I write this, I just want to clarify that I'm not looking for a pity party. I'm hoping that by sharing my story, maybe it will help some people see that it's ok to reach out for help when you feel like you need it, you don't need to do it alone. This is going to be long, alot of you won't read it.

I'm 37 years old, a proud mother of 2 beautiful kids, I have a great career,  I have everything I need. Anyone looking at me from the outside would think "she's lucky, she seems to have it all together" . Guess what? I really don't. 

I was with the father of my children for 20 years, those first 14 years were the best of my life, he was my best friend, until addiction stole him away from us, I didn't know him anymore, but I didn't want to give up on him, even if that meant me being unhappy, I did that for 6 years, until I couldn't handle it anymore and had to get myself and my kids out of there. I still loved him dearly, because I knew he wasn't the man I fell in love with. At that point, I didn't even know myself anymore. Leaving was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I felt horrible to leave, because I didn't want to give up on him, but he didn't want to help himself and I had to do what was best for me and my kids. This... this is what REALLY took a toll on me. But I had to stay strong, because I didn't want my children to see me so weak. This all happenned 1 year and 8 months ago.

Months after my seperation, heartache, feeling depressed. I lost my best friend to cancer, she was like a sister to me, friends since grade 2, the person I always went to, for anything and everything. Opening up has never been easy for me, but with her, it was. This was another very hard moment in my life, I was already at a low place at this point... but again, I had to keep it together, I have 2 kids that need me.

7 months after her death, I get a phone call. My ex husband was missing, they couldn't find him. 2 days later, I got another phone call, he was intoxicated, and got in a bad car accident, that killed a innocent lady. He was in bad shape, but the doctor said his chances of pulling through were good, but he wouldn't be the same. 5 days later... he was going for surgery and didn't make it through. I fell to my knees when I received that phone call. I felt like it wasn't real, that couldn't happen, how am I going to tell my kids that their father is gone and will never be back. How am I going to do this???  Again... I had to stay strong for them, they can't see me weak.

Now... a little over 3 months after this all happenned. Here I am, sitting in a hospital bed, because I've reached rock bottom. I came here on my own because I didn't know what else to do. If I stayed home, I would have kept on drinking more than I should have (to try to forget) , I would have over worked myself like i've been doing (to try to put my mind somewhere else) I know it wouldn't have ended well. So... I'm here, getting the help I need, the rest I need...and this year is going to be about me, overcoming this and getting out of it stronger, healthier and happier. It's going to take some time. I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I'm going to try my hardest.

I have a long road to recovery ahead of me. I'm not proud to have waited this long to reach out, but anyone going through difficult times needs to know that it's never too late.

you can do anything. I know that sounds so trite but I've always thought it's a good thing to remember.
    you've survived a lot of awful things that'd crack other people entirely.

doesn't mean it was easy. it ain't ever gonna be easy.

but youve done it. And you can keep on doing it. you have to.

maybe this place can help you along the way.

Sending you the biggest hugs love. You deserve all the happiness and you’ve taken the first step which is the hardest. I hope that your future will shine brighter. Sending best wishes to you and your beautiful children. Rest up, heal up, my thoughts are with you ❤️

Thank you both for your kind words <3
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options

I'm so glad you are getting the help you need. That had to be an awful period of time. You seem like a wonderful person and I hope the years to come are kind to you and your family.
    Options

I'm so glad you are getting the help you need. That had to be an awful period of time. You seem like a wonderful person and I hope the years to come are kind to you and your family.

Thank you, I hope so too <3
    kace_kay wrote: »

Thanks for sharing your story, sweets. It's not easy to recognize when you need help and often even harder to do something about. Take care, we're here if you need us! ❤❤

Thank you Kace xo
  • PAFC84
    Options
    Even though you tried to use Jennifer Lawrence against me, I believe in you. You did the right thing by getting help and that is an important and massive step. Keep working on yourself and you'll be fine.
    Options
    Even though you tried to use Jennifer Lawrence against me, I believe in you. You did the right thing by getting help and that is an important and massive step. Keep working on yourself and you'll be fine.

Thank you <3
    Options
    Hey there ! I srsly need someone's help... can anyone help me?

Help for what?
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I don’t like superstitions. When I was a pre-schooler, I would step on every single crack, proving my mothers back would be just fine.

Now people tell me it’s bad luck to do laundry on New Years Day. That for every load someone you love will die.

I did six loads today.

I've done four and I had no idea I was killing the ones I love. :sad:

Oh no!!! My mother did the laundry for me, am I going to be the one who goes away? Not yet! I am not ready...😪😪😪
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm a self-taught web developer and graphic designer. I'm a pretty determined person, when I put my mind to something, I will do it.

I've been with my husband for 18 year's we'll celebrate 16 year's of marriage in June.

The word "Hooker" in my name is for my passion for crocheting, I enjoy crocheting, coding and crocheting are calming places for me.

I love football and deer hunting. I love the summer and going on the water and fishing and crabbing. I love makeup and playing with it, I have a huge makeup collection. I'm also a DC comic fan. I collect a lot of Batman and Harley Quinn things, I also collect Starwars things. I'm a pretty big geek lol.

My most favorite thing in the world to do is when my husband is asleep, to lick him in the face, it just annoys him. It's payback for all the times he tickles me. OH, and the time he got a big lifelike Alien balloon and had it sitting beside our bed while I was sleeping, the fan was blowing on it so it looked like it was moving. In the dark, it looked like a gray one lol. Scared the *kitten* out of me. We like to prank each other.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    The word "Hooker" in my name is for my passion for crocheting, I enjoy crocheting, coding and crocheting are calming places for me.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was like 🤔 every time I saw your screen name.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was like 🤔 every time I saw your screen name.

It's in my profile to explain it lol.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Marqiiz wrote: »
    I can weld, I'm a pipefitter, and I'm into boxing...throw old baby pictures of my boys in front of me and my heart melts..

😊