newmeadow wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Why do people have an issue with woo being a negative comment? Hey not everybody says intelligent things, some people say mean things or just things that aren't agreeable. There is nothing wrong with a reaction of, no, I don't like that. Or no, I don't agree with that. When did everybody become so sensitive that we had to make everything rainbows and puppies to get through the day? I'm not saying bash anybody, and definitely not for bashing somebody's picture......I'm just saying so what if woo means hell no I don't think so......I think having comment words of nothing but kiss *kitten* is fraudulent and a kin to participation trophies.
    Completely agree, and not sure anyone (who's replied so far) has actually got a problem with it tbh. I just wanted to know whether the woo is good or bad...

It is whatever you want it to be. haha

Actually a moderator a few months ago said it was meant to be a "disagree" comment. Or to our friends in the UK, a "not bloody likely" comment.

But is that how it's actually used on here? Seems to me a lot of people are using it in the positive.

The only people who scream woo or woo hoo in a celebratory manner are sports lunks in bars glugging beer and drunken bridesmaids eating faux European charcuterie at a vineyard banquet room. Apparently these people are here and they just didn't get the memo.

Sports lunks?

Mmk...

You like planet fitness, do you?

Ok ok, sports automatons. And don't blame me, I didn't program them.

Why are you insulting people that like sports? I don't get it.

You are on a fitness site, calling people out for liking organized feats of fitness.

No dear I'm in Chit Chat. I say what I please. Now about those skirts...

Fair enough. What about the skirts?

I love the red, white and blue color scheme. Very patriotic.

Even my weight loss progress is patriotic. I should run for office.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I find this topic comical. We all know the woo reaction has become a negative connotation around here regardless of its original intent, but who cares? If an internet strangers opinion or your woo count has the ability to affect your mood... then I say, it's time to put your phone down and go outside and play.

but... but... but...
    My happiness relies on my e-approval.
    Heck, my existence is based on it!
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I find this topic comical. We all know the woo reaction has become a negative connotation around here regardless of its original intent, but who cares? If an internet strangers opinion or your woo count has the ability to affect your mood... then I say, it's time to put your phone down and go outside and play.

but... but... but...
    My happiness relies on my e-approval.
    Heck, my existence is based on it!

You may to burn your phone and never look back!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Literally nothing serious about this thread. Give it a break 😊
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    2fv23z.jpg
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Actually a moderator a few months ago said it was meant to be a "disagree" comment. Or to our friends in the UK, a "not bloody likely" comment.

But is that how it's actually used on here? Seems to me a lot of people are using it in the positive.
    And that's why I made this thread, to gauge how people were using the button. Just curiosity, it's not that deep haha

@shaf238 - I thought woo meant woohoo!
    I seriously need to look at how many times I’ve been woo’ed now haha 👀