Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 50

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,877 Member
    Options
    @brightresolve Beth, I hope you are feeling better today. Trying to find a pillow that “works” is a nuisance. I order “neck bones” through Amazon. I bought the first one at the grocery store in Colorado but haven’t seen them in a store since.

@tiabirdie56 Tish, true friends care about our wellbeing and I’m so thankful I have some! My friend who intended to sew sat on the couch so I would be comfortable in my recliner with the heating pad rather than at the table in a dining chair. The vodka/soda was good too!

@SheilaBoneham I’ve never taken steroids long term but Medrol Dose pack is a God send when you have strep!
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @CathyVee You would have to eat 7000+ calories to gain 2.6 pounds in a night???? I eat 1200 calories everyday and see a 3 lb gain if I indulge to closer to 2000 (which isn't hard to do on pizza nights or any other day of take out)

My metabolism suuuuuuucks

@abowersgirl The overnight gain is just water/fluid. Physically impossible to increase (or decrease) gross soft tissue mass in so little time.

The body seeks homeostasis which means when there's a big change, the body attempts to return itself to "normal." Eating too much salt changes the osmolarity of our blood so we retain water to return the osmolarity back to normal which leads to increased weight on the scale and feeling bloated.