What made you suddenly lose interest in someone you were pursuing?

Options

Replies

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    He licked my neck when he hugged me before I left the coffee shop. No kiss or even cheek kiss, straight to discreetly tasting my neck.

:o

It's probably some sure-fire How To Make a Chick Horny tip from an ebook that he wasted money on.

He kept telling me that I looked just like his ex, so maybe it was another basis for comparison. Or, based on the ex being a redhead too and the rumors, it may have been more for him than me. Either way, I passed on seeing him again.
  • DanR_85
    DanR_85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    amwbox wrote: »
    When they start sending out feelers about your finances....God I hate that sinking feeling when you realize someone is corrupting their personal relationship decision make process with money...

You have eyes. Do you corrupt your personal decision making process with lookism?

ef8.jpg
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    When they start sending out feelers about your finances....God I hate that sinking feeling when you realize someone is corrupting their personal relationship decision make process with money...

You have eyes. Do you corrupt your personal decision making process with lookism?

Yes. The basic need for people to be attracted to one another is equivalent to shallow, trashy, gold digging. Seriously? :|

So sick of this....ugh...Stop being attracted to my attractiveness!!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Well, you know. Cats. Boxes. Schrödinger. Can't help myself.

(top 10 nerdiest references in MFP history. Just saying.)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Well, you know. Cats. Boxes. Schrödinger. Can't help myself.

(top 10 nerdiest references in MFP history. Just saying.)

You can't put my *kitten* in a box

See what i did there
  • amwbox
    Options
    Nice. (inserts joke [lol inserts] about cherries lost and boxes they came in.)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    ashardo wrote: »
    Lying about EVERYTHING.

Oh, so he had a penis.

😒
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Yes. The basic need for people to be attracted to one another is equivalent to shallow, trashy, gold digging. Seriously? :|

Some would consider paying bills more important than basic attraction. Many people through many centuries in many countries have arranged marriages based solely on "shallow, trashy, PROVIDING."

Just a thought. That the women you are talking about might not be as shallow as you think, but are rather being practical.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    ashardo wrote: »
    Lying about EVERYTHING.

Oh, so he had a penis.

😒

Why you mad?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

Maybe they want to make sure the person is not a bum. Wanting someone responsible who pays their bills does not a gold digger make.

If people get more serious then a discussion about finances will come up.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    If they expect to have sex too soon. Nope.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    If they expect to have sex too soon. Nope.

Like before dinner?
  • amwbox
    edited August 2018
    Options

Some would consider paying bills more important than basic attraction. Many people through many centuries in many countries have arranged marriages based solely on "shallow, trashy, PROVIDING."

Just a thought. That the women you are talking about might not be as shallow as you think, but are rather being practical.

The notion that women are somehow so incapable of taking care of themselves that they would expect or even need to be "provided for" in the old school sexist sense is pretty offensive in the 21st century. At least in the developed, liberated West. I'll not speak about situations in other places or times.

In the relationship sense, I'd be looking for a partner, not a dependent. I work to support myself...which is about as basic as it gets. That's all I expect of anyone. As long as they are a functioning adult who can take care of themselves, I really don't care how much or how little they make.

When it comes to marriage, on the other hand, (which presumably happens much later on)...that is when it's necessary to discuss credit scores, debt, etc. But even then, remember: "For better or worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer....." (I know, right? Wedding vows. Solemn oaths sworn in front of everyone you know, usually including whatever your religious figure is. How quaint!)

I honestly can't think of a situation where a relationship is properly based in money. Well, I can, but those are the sorts of interactions that can land you in jail...
  • PangPangPrincess109
    PangPangPrincess109 Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Our first dinner together. Everything is going fine. Then out of the blue he states, "We will have five children". I nearly spit out my drink.

Funnily enough, five is the perfect number of kids I'd like to have someday, but I never told this guy that before our meeting, and this came out of nowhere!
  • amwbox
    Options
    Our first dinner together. Everything is going fine. Then out of the blue he states, "We will have five children". I nearly spit out my drink.

Funnily enough, five is the perfect number of kids I'd like to have someday, but I never told this guy that before our meeting, and this came out of nowhere!

Either a sign to run or a sign of fate. You rolls your dice and you takes your chances. :)
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Well actually it was a guy pursuing me and I was totally into him until he started speaking like a hood rat.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Bad kissing though..that shiz can be fixed with practice, lots of practice and patience.

I do love to practice. :D:*