What made you suddenly lose interest in someone you were pursuing?

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I never got into online dating was the number of guys who had nothing informative on their profile, other than unhelpful *kitten* like "Too many interests to mention" or "Ask me anything, I'm an open book". Gee dude, could you give me a little more to work with in terms of common ground beyond heterosexuality?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    capnrus789 wrote: »
    When she started sucking another dudes hang-dang, I was pretty sure it was time to move on.

Hang-dang 😅

Hingy-dingy

Hang-down and the jiggly twins

Wang-dangly and the flop wopplers

😂😂

Side note....I almost forgot what we were discussing and started thinking of band names

Any noteworthy ones?

Just threw my best one at you

Won’t lie, I laughed really hard
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Turned out she was a bears fan.
  • Erinloveable
    Erinloveable Posts: 46 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have been through so much trying to online date that I can handle a lazy profile, though come to think of it, they are probably lazy in all other aspects of dating as well.. hmm.

The profiles that bother me are the complete story about why his ex wife is a b#$#. Or things on their profile yelled in caps that you know came from a date. Like: IF YOU DYE YOUR HAIR AND DON'T LIKE 37 YEAR OLD MEN WHO LIVE WITH MOM STILL, DON'T BOTHER MESSAGING ME!!!!1!!

I seen a profile that went on for several paragraphs about how he prefers "high butt cracks" and how a woman is completely useless, throw her in the trash, if she has a "low butt crack".
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I seen a profile that went on for several paragraphs about how he prefers "high butt cracks" and how a woman is completely useless, throw her in the trash, if she has a "low butt crack".

Wow. He is a very picky loser.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    She ate all my skittles.

But... But... They're Skittles!!! I couldn't stop myself
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    One of the reasons I never got into online dating was the number of guys who had nothing informative on their profile, other than unhelpful *kitten* like "Too many interests to mention" or "Ask me anything, I'm an open book". Gee dude, could you give me a little more to work with in terms of common ground beyond heterosexuality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MSRu9CfNCY
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    They were high carbs, low fat. I am low carbs, high fat. It was like we were from two different worlds...
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    They fussed too much about their clothes, didn’t like cats or dogs.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    bhadbahabi wrote: »
    Bad kissers. This one guy just kept thrusting his tongue into my mouth like a wiener and I was not partial to it, not one bit.

I once "kissed" a girl who tilted her head back, closed her eyes, then simply opened her mouth and left it like that. . it was like trying to kiss someone while they were passed out in the dentist chair with that jaw-prop thing in their mouth. .

Dis me

But. . but. .why!?

I like a persistent man who can push through the unpleasantness in a relationship

It's not so much unpleasant as just plain yucky. . And people don't become better kissers. . It's like hoping someone's big feet to get smaller. .

How is this possible? Is everyone born with a certain level of talent for kissing and that's all they and their partner can ever hope for, or expect?

I call shenanigans. No way this is true. People can get better at just about anything.

How many people have you leveled with. . and just told them.. "you're a really bad kisser. . let me teach you how to kiss better". . and if that number is > 0. . How many of them actually listened and learned?.. THAT's why people's kissing style never gets better..
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Bad kissers. This one guy just kept thrusting his tongue into my mouth like a wiener and I was not partial to it, not one bit.

I once "kissed" a girl who tilted her head back, closed her eyes, then simply opened her mouth and left it like that. . it was like trying to kiss someone while they were passed out in the dentist chair with that jaw-prop thing in their mouth. .

Dis me

But. . but. .why!?

I like a persistent man who can push through the unpleasantness in a relationship

It's not so much unpleasant as just plain yucky. . And people don't become better kissers. . It's like hoping someone's big feet to get smaller. .

How is this possible? Is everyone born with a certain level of talent for kissing and that's all they and their partner can ever hope for, or expect?

I call shenanigans. No way this is true. People can get better at just about anything.

How many people have you leveled with. . and just told them.. "you're a really bad kisser. . let me teach you how to kiss better". . and if that number is > 0. . How many of them actually listened and learned?.. THAT's why people's kissing style never gets better..

Seven and five.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Options
    Sudden drop in interest on their end.
    Bad breath/oral hygiene.
    Discovering they smoke or secretly use.
    Adult tantrums/verbal abuse--grow the *kitten* up.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    these were from my past experience and why I stopped pursuing these individuals. it may be dumb, but it did completely turn me off:

- she had a laugh that sounded like a demon. once I heard that, I never texted her back
    - she took food off my plate on our first date. its not a big deal in the long run, but it felt really weird that she literally shoved her fork on my plate and took some of my fries on our first date. it was a complete turn off
    - she had no personality. she agreed with everything I wanted, had no opinion of her own. she might of been trying to impress me, but I need someone who can think for herself as well
    - she was a vegetarian and tried to convert me. say no more, bye ( but dang she was hot )

gwmlabm150mh.gif
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

Dis me

But. . but. .why!?

Seven and five.

I stand corrected!
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    A few others:.
    - Toe fungus (worse than my dad and he's 95).
    - Teeth so jacked that her incisor peeked out of her mouth when it was closed. .
    - Offered to jump in bed with me but only if I would disavow the existence of God.
    - Had to put drops in her eyes every minute or so. . I really felt for her, but it really ruined the flow.
    - "I'm not actually 45, I'm 53". .
    - Spent the entire evening trying to bait me on our political differences (i.e. attacking me). . I didn't bite because. . uhm. . kind of was trying to have fun!. .
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    He threw his trash out the window, I can't stand litter bugs.

He had gross long dirty fingernails. They weren't going anywhere near me.

He started naming our kids on the 5th date.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    he wanted me to pee on him >.>
  • Cameron_1969
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    he wanted me to pee on him >.>

someone asked me to do this to her as well. that wasn't what made me lose interest though. odd.

somethings wrong with me.

was it when she took it up a notch from there?

Can we please just stop right there. .. thanks.