Options
1235»

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    'Pure hatred'? Really? Care to link to some 'hatred'?

Yes there's straight talking and a lack of sugar coating (who's got the spare cals for that?!) But I have never seen hatred, and I've been here a loooooooong time.

Pure hatred is starting this thread on a Thursday and making me think for a minute that it's actually Friday.

No, but it IS rage-quit Thursday.

I don't believe in rage-quitting. Once I have worn out my welcome I stay for maybe 4 or 5 more years and then I just disappear.

How do you feel about flouncing? I think that's much classier than rage-quitting.

I flounced from these boards once. It didn't stick.

It's like a drug, right?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    stfpa wrote: »
    I’m gonna be the one person on this thread that actually agrees with you for the most part. I don’t think there’s any “hatred” but a lot of people can be rude and make this place kind of intimidating for people who are new. I’m sure nobody is trying to be rude and I’m sure it’s just tough love but when I look through the threads, it seems like a lot of the newer people are sometimes treated like they’re stupid if they ask a question that might be obvious for people who have been here a while No, I can’t think of any specific examples but it’s something I’ve thought about while going through threads. Now everyone’s going to get defensive but I’m just saying what I’ve noticed :-)

I can see this to some extent. Occasionally someone will ask a question and be met with something like, "No. Does that even make sense to you?" But those are EXCEPTIONALLY few and far between.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    :huh:

What in the world is going on here? I wasn't aware that 'not blindly agreeing with every hare-brained scheme' = 'mean'

Seems to be the current state of politics. Not surprising this would permeate other realms.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting
    Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.