How to respond if someone says you're overweight!

Options

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Come-At-Me-Bro-khal-drogo-23525547-500-282.gif
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Best response - "Why thank you for noticing, now ask me if I give a *edit* on your thoughts about it?"
  • HeavierThan_Heaven
    HeavierThan_Heaven Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Kick them in the nuts.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    dead-sexy_o_588521.jpg

Get in my belly, NOW.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    inftw0.jpg
    [/quote]

^^^^ this
  • elispeli
    elispeli Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mmxlpvhUEs1qz4rgp.gif
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to read through all the replies - but I tend to be sarcastic. I'd just reply "thank you, until this moment, I was totally unaware. You may have changed my life."

The ones that don't get it - well that becomes my joke to tell later to those who do.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I once hugged a lady after she said it to me, and softly whispered into her ear "Thank you! I've been working at it all my life".
  • PhoenixFitLife
    PhoenixFitLife Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Take a deep deeeep breath
  • Pother1974
    Options
    One of the reasons I started on this 'journey' is because two people where I volunteer (rehab/hospice) asked if i was pregnant. On each occasion I looked at them laughed loud and proud and responded with, "Nah, I am not pregnant I am just fat." While laughing still, I walked away. One of the women (yes both were women) looked like she could consume me and still be hungry!

After a month of working on my weight issue and losing almost 10 lbs. I went back and they couldn't believe I was the same person.
  • NomadicFlame
    Options
    Sit on them :)
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mi57gwj4sD1ruo9yho1_500.gif
    What anime is this from? I like this!

In all seriousness, when I used to be overweight, I would respond by saying, "Yeah, I know. I'm struggling." After getting the swift kick in the butt by the diabetes diagnosis last year, I did lose the weight, and a lot of people at work can't believe it's me. From 181 last year to 132 now. However, I have enough respect to hold my tongue about others being overweight because everyone's different. It could be hereditary, medications, anything.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Say "thanks!!" and look super happy from this "compliment" . Who says "fat" has to be an insulting comment? :tongue:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    At least I'm not a f****witt

Good luck.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    "Well I may be overweight, but you're ugly. And at least I can lose weight." ;)

Was going to say this but mixed it up haha
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Or say "yeah I'm sooo fat. I REALLY wanna by super skinny like you! Look at you! No *kitten* no nothing, please teach me how to achieve this!!"
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My scale (and BMI) say that I am in the overweight category. I call it a liar. Nobody else believes it, either. :laugh: :wink:
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    even though I am, its not for a stranger to say so my reply is...sod off
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm not overweight. I'm just under-height.

Of course at my height, no matter what I weigh, I'm under height.
  • smudgekat
    Options
    Say nothing and sit on them.....