Anyone who started around 300 lbs have success pics they can share?

Options

Replies

• agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love all these inspiring pics! You guys are awesome! I'm still struggling to get on track and stay there. So seeing all these weight loss transformations is very encouraging to me! Keep them coming!!
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    agrube1968 wrote: »
    eblyth00 wrote: »
    Still a work in progress. Started at 330 down to 215 cgonff71dqya.jpeg

Awesome job! You look great! How did you do it?

Started just with intermittent fasting, now I still use IF but have also added keto. And just started working out this month.

• joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes! My Highest weight was 299 and starting weight was 285. Now 192.

Impressive! May I ask how long it took you and what cal range you stuck to...how much exercise etc?
  • bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ingrid77KS wrote: »
    I am 5'8". I started at 300lbs exactly, after an annual doctor appointment. I am now at 150lbs after about 8 months of dieting on MFP. It was a long, tough journey. I just now started the maintaining process. Keep up the good work. It will all be worth it.
    Sorry no photos.

150 pounds lost in only eight months? Must be one heckuva diet.
  • BeamingBadass
    BeamingBadass Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I was under 300 when starting but not by a lot
  • agrube1968
    Options
    Keep the success stories and pics coming!! I am desperately needing motivation!!
  • agrube1968
    Options
    Not sure what I weighed in the first pic, about 270 I think. 2nd pic at 149. I've been normal weight since November of last year, maintaining at around 150 since June. @agrube1968 We are the same height and I think the same age, if your handle indicates your birthdate.

I was diagnosed with diabetes after a hospitalization with an ovarian tumor (which turned out to be benign.) I had been so sick that I was almost bedridden for six months, and I really needed to get out from under the weight and get healthy. My first goal was just not to be obese, and I counted calories, cut carbs and tested frequently to learn how many carbs I could eat without spiking my blood glucose, and worked out as much as I could manage, increasing a little at a time. I started lifting water bottles and walking, moved to Zumba and stationary bike, heavier weights, and eventually joined a gym and started running. The recent picture is me after finishing my most recent 5k, which is the one year anniversary of the first 5k I ever did.

Since you asked about loose skin, I do have some, but most can be concealed in a mid rise bikini. My arms are okay. My inner thighs do have some troublesome skin, but as long as I don't wear booty shorts it's not an issue. My husband is fine with it, and I think I look much better now even with loose skin then I did when obese.

u56t9421o9kr.jpg

You look amazing! Thanks for sharing!!
  • agrube1968
    Options
    Wanted to bump this post up in hopes of getting more people to post their success stories! It motivates me!! I have been doing good exercise wish getting at least 30 minutes in per day but I’m struggling to get my food under control. So it helps to hear others talk about their struggles and successes! Everyone feel free to add me as a friend too!!!
  • Loretmuller
    Loretmuller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    wow , you are all so incredibly strong.. you can be truly proud of yourselves. I pray that i too can show before and after some months from now
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!