Keto?

Options
I have some questions regarding keto? This is what I have/will eat today. Is this okay? Still kindve confused on what to eat and what not
To eat...too much dairy, not enough fat, etc. Thanks!

Bulletproof coffee
Board head chef salad with blue cheese(ham, turkey, cheese)
Ribeye with butter
Mashed cauliflower

Replies

• xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be asking this question, so I'll just copy and paste what I wrote to a friend last night. Since not a lot of people reach out to help keto beginners!

Hope this helps!! Feel free to add me, I post tons of pictures of my food and my diary is open too! ox

I like to keep things simple! Meat and veggies are the base of my diet. Nuts and cheese in small portions. I'm trying to avoid but butter and cream cheese for now as I have trouble controlling myself with these.

For snacks I would have mushroom, cucumber, cauliflower or broccoli with cheese, cold meats or nuts, or a combination of those. With tea!! Lol I drink lots of tea to keep me full and busy when I need to!

No artificial sweeteners! I ditched stuff that contains added sugar like ketchup. Just coconut oil, butter and heavy cream with a dash of cinnamon in my morning coffee. No sugar or replacement in my coffee and that's huge for me!

You should watch this video, it really helped me not to overcomplicate everything lol.

https://youtu.be/EeOvRGsPPpo
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I have some questions regarding keto? This is what I have/will eat today. Is this okay? Still kindve confused on what to eat and what not

Bulletproof coffee
    Ribeye with butter
    Mashed cauliflower

Check out the low carbers group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I just dropped the high carb and high sugar foods and replaced them with what I was already eating. I have never had rice cauliflower and my coffee gets cream, or maybe half a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil rather than the 2+Tbs of fats often in BPC.

For example, dinner might be spaghetti meat spruce with Parmesan without noodles (or with a bit of spaghetti squash), steak with a salad, cheeseburger without a bun with roasted peppers, or beanless (or reduced bean) chilli. I keep it simple.
  • xmarye
    edited August 2018
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Bulletproof coffee
    Ribeye with butter
    Mashed cauliflower

Check out the low carbers group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

I personally don't like that group because it's not active. It just seems to be somewhere the rest of the people like to link for keto/low carb people so they can make them go away.

Honestly, I practically never see any other group referenced. Only for this instance.

The general forum is for everyone.
  • kimny72
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »

Bulletproof coffee
    Ribeye with butter
    Mashed cauliflower

I personally don't like that group because it's not active.

Oh, ok! I always got the impression it was, is there good evergreen info in there? I'll stop suggesting it if it isn't actually helpful :smile:
  • xmarye
    Options

Bulletproof coffee
    Ribeye with butter
    Mashed cauliflower

Oh, ok! I always got the impression it was, is there good evergreen info in there? I'll stop suggesting it if it isn't actually helpful :smile:

I checked it out but didn't like it all that much. Not that much content, and most posts are super duper old and no one replied to my posts :neutral: I assume some people like you don't know, but it gets aggravating when people keep suggesting this in practically every keto posts when it's not relevant lol.

Thanks for being so understanding!! ♥
  • kimny72
    edited August 2018
    Options

Bulletproof coffee
    Ribeye with butter
    Mashed cauliflower

I checked it out but didn't like it all that much. Not that much content, and most posts are super duper old and no one replied to my posts :neutral: I assume some people like you don't know, but it gets aggravating when people keep suggesting this in practically every keto posts when it's not relevant lol.

Thanks for being so understanding!! ♥

No problemo. I don't do low carb but I like to be helpful :lol: You'd think it would be jumping as popular as keto and LCHF are right now, but live and learn!
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    The group is moderately active with the most active threads being the monthly challenges.

I would keep linking to it. It does have a lot of good resources and many might find it helpful. There us also a keto group that is getting more active.
  • xmarye
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    The group is moderately active with the most active threads being the monthly challenges.

I would keep linking to it. It does have a lot of good resources and many might find it helpful. There us also a keto group that is getting more active.

Thanks for the info. I personally don't like the challenges so not much else for me there.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Thanks for the info. I personally don't like the challenges so not much else for me there.

Yeah, it won't be for everyone.

Have you looked into the Ketogenic Forums? They aren't MFP but it's a bit more active.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The keto group is somewhat active: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

The Reddit keto group is not as active but there is a pretty fair amount of archived info in there that might be helpful to someone just starting out: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1494-reddit-keto
  • kimny72
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm bookmarking this thread for the group links. I usually just pop in and link in posts that aren't getting much action and might need a bump so knowledgeable people see them.

You've got lots of reading/watching to do now OP!