Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 52

Options

Replies

• puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    Options
    I'm still debating buying a standing desk -- anyone here use one? I may just take my laptop to Office Depot and ask if I can stand there and type for a while to see if I like it. :smiley:

I have a sit/stand desk. I can't remember the brand. I go in phases. Sometimes I love using it standing. Other days I feel tired when I do. I used to have a stand all the time desk (I essentially stood the entire time I was studying for the bar). I feel like I think better when I'm standing, but the 100% standing desk did make my feet hurt.
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    puttyputty wrote: »
    I'm still debating buying a standing desk -- anyone here use one? I may just take my laptop to Office Depot and ask if I can stand there and type for a while to see if I like it. :smiley:

I have a sit/stand desk. I can't remember the brand. I go in phases. Sometimes I love using it standing. Other days I feel tired when I do. I used to have a stand all the time desk (I essentially stood the entire time I was studying for the bar). I feel like I think better when I'm standing, but the 100% standing desk did make my feet hurt.

Thanks, @puttyputty The desk I'm considering is sit-stand - ergonomics experts do suggest trading off, which makes sense to me. I also found a "dynamic" mat that gets great reviews - it encourages you to move a bit while standing at the desk, which also makes sense.
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    9/08 - 183.4 - Please make it stop! I am getting further and further away from this round’s goal!

@savvyrose88 Have you identified where your excess calories are coming from? Are you able to divert your energy from the activity/behavior to something else? Is the culprit something you can substitute or eliminate?

LNS is my nemesis so I take a bubble bath when it feels overwhelming. I can't eat in the tub. Lol.
    Watching a movie or show is a snacking trigger for me. I try to occupy my hands with crochet while I enjoy whatever I'm watching.
    I switched from calorie laden beverages to iced tea and unsweetened seltzer water which has saved me 100's of calories.
    The following subs helped me to shave off 100+ calories per meal:
    bread or tortilla - lettuce leaf wrap (try romaine leaves for your taco shell)
    rice - thinly shredded cabbage for Asian or Mexican (adds a nice crunch without changing the flavor), baby spinach for other savory dishes (wilts nicely when topped with hot food)
    pasta - sautéed zucchini or summer squash for Italian (I sub the middle layers of lasagna noodles with zucchini)
    mashed potatoes - mashed cauliflower (excellent with stroganoff and pot roast)

I still enjoy carbohydrates; I just prefer to take them in as a glass of wine or a beer. Some things I refuse to give up. Lol.

I hope this is helpful. All in all, it's the little things that have the most lasting impact.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,977 Member
    Options
    @airbeat If my hunger in the evening/night is too bad, then I make a bulletproof coffee using decaf coffee so it won't interfere with my sleep.