Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 52

Options

Replies

• denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So new to this, 10 days sounds so reasonable! Let's try!

9/09 - 247.6 “cheat meal” last night but stayed within total allowed daily calories so not sure that was right... it’s only week one can’t mess this up yet I’m more aware of my eating and making better choices so that’s good right?!

Hi Stacey!
    One thing that is working for me this time (many gain/loss periods in my life!) is not to "cheat". That means to eat what I want and just be aware, log it, and move on. Not letting what I eat make me feel guilty, because guilt, or cheating, means I blew it, and then I would either throw in the towel or continue the binge. I am learning slowly but surely that I can eat what I used to have on my "cheat list" or "when I reach goal I will eat that oreo or ice cream or fried chicken" and just log it. Many times it is in my calorie goal if I just log it and eat consciously. Sometimes I go way over one day, but I get back on track the next or so and remember the big picture, its the rest of my life. So if that "cheat" was in your calories for the day, or even for the week, that's amazing and good! Food is not good or bad, though for sure it can make us feel that way. Hope this helps!!!

It's a journey, not just a goal, and this group is so perfectly supportive, welcome!