Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 52

Options

Replies

• jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    9/13 - 179.8 I know I did not eat enough calories to gain 3 ½ pounds overnight so I am guessing some of this is water weight. Out of town Chinese food again. It is my weakness because it is not available within 80 miles of my home so it’s often my choice when I travel. Sodium….Sodium. I will be drinking lots of lemon water today (as Tish @birdie56 recommends). I hope the scale will not be too bad at tomorrow’s final weigh in.

It's water. The body isn't able to metabolize calories into measurable fat loss or gain that quickly. Actual weight/fat loss or gain is measurable as a trend over time.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,877 Member
    Options
    @iamworthy14 and @heymossy Your gain is more likely related to what you ate 2-3 days prior.

@AJB1014 I think you know the solution but don’t realize it. You were still hungry so you ate more but DIDN’T GET ENOUGH WATER. Next time drink a glass of water. We often THINK we are hungry when we are only thirsty. Drink, drink, drink!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @iamworthy14 and @heymossy Your gain is more likely related to what you ate 2-3 days prior.

@AJB1014 I think you know the solution but don’t realize it. You were still hungry so you ate more but DIDN’T GET ENOUGH WATER. Next time drink a glass of water. We often THINK we are hungry when we are only thirsty. Drink, drink, drink!

@MadisonMolly2017 Dehydration also can cause headaches. Are you getting enough water?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,087 Member
    Options
    @kdv12, congratulations on your 1.3 loss this round...Round 53, onewonderland is waiting for you, :)
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I looked through the last few pages again. Is Round 53 up?
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @OncologyChick Enjoy your holiday! See you next month!

@tinkerbellang83 Love the infographic!

@fraukazi WOW! What a weekend you are going to have! Enjoy dancing at the wedding! Don’t stress over the proposal. You’ve got this!

@SheilaBoneham Wow, the elimination diet is much harder than keto, in my opinion. Corn and soy by products are hidden in every ingredient list, it seems. Clean eating for sure!

@denswrex POPCORN (with lots of butter!) Yum!! Haven’t had any in sooo long! What Hell hath comfort foods wrought? LOL

@jerier I get it 100%! My husband was diagnosed with MCS/EI back in 1992 when people didn’t believe in it because there wasn’t a specific test to prove it. He eventually got a medical disability after seeing over a dozen doctors in a year. The last one was a psychiatrist who said it was all in his head. He had to visit him annually for 10 years! He still has issues - horrible headaches, shaking hands and stuttering when it gets really bad. We avoid all fragrances when we can but some things affect him that we can’t smell. It’s tough. Prayers to you!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

@MadisonMolly2017 Dehydration also can cause headaches. Are you getting enough water?

Ah yes, you're so right that I knew it but didnt realize - I think I subconsciously squashed that notion because I wanted chicken tenders! I need to get some more of the water enhancer so I'll drink water even when I dont too!!
  • quiltingjaine
    Options
    @tiabirdie56 Good loss but I’m sorry you have a headache. Hugs!