is your birthday a "big deal"?

Options
12346»

Replies

• megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Not really a big deal to me. I just don't want to be forgotten.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Once you hit a certain age it's just another day. My husband just celebrated his 30th a few days ago and didn't want me to make a deal of it. Seriously who wants to celebrate their 30s? I sure as hell didn't...well, okay I wanted a cake at least ;-D
    I did bake him a cake and make one of his favorite meals.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    To me it's just another day on the calendar. Mine was on the 7th. I didn't even try to get the day off from work.

Went to Denny's for their free birthday build you own slam. (have a few more birthday food freebies I have to use up) but other than going out for a late lunch to "celebrate" it, it was just like any other day.

Fended a few happy birthday phone calls and got slammed by FB friends, lol.

Ate within the goals and didn't even get cake, lol.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    When you reach my age, then probably not!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    it's a big deal because it's MY birthday.

However, I'm just happy spending it with family and close friends.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I used to get depressed about getting older and now I'm not so bothered. I usually have a party for the big ones like 39 (pre-40th Birthday party) and the big 40. But as that was last year, this year will be a quieter one, I dont have any issues being older but definitely agree with 'youth is wasted on the young'. :glasses:
    But if I were you, I'd start getting ready for my 45th. That'll be a biggy :drinker:
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Enh, it's a day. I find birthdays to be such a weird thing when an adult gets super excited or makes a huge deal about their birthday it just seem odd to me.. And I know lots of (mostly women) in their mid to late 20's and early 30's that still act like 15 year olds when their birthday comes around talking about it and posting on fb for like a month, creating 'events' and throwing parties for themselves basically acting like a drunken fool for a week. Because they were born? OK.. I don't get it.

My kids' birthdays' however, while I don't do big parties or any of that nonsense are very special and important days. My daughter will probably get her first real birthday party this year when she turns 6.