Is fruit in the afternoon bad?

Options

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good. Eat fruit. Whenever. Lots. I’ll go out on a limb and say that fruit isn’t what got anyone to start using MFP.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Speaking of apples, check out winesaps! They're like eating apple cider!
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    nachiame wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I eat fruit every single afternoon for my snack. I'm going to have to figure something out because I've been eating watermelon and pineapple ALLL summer long and this week, they both suck. It's very disappointing. :'( What fruits are good now? Apples? Apples are stupid.

tumblr_m4hbjmytfq1qbb8qqo2_250.gif

Apples with peanut butter. Apples chopped with cinnamon and a little honey and heated real quick. Apples and cheese. Apples and cheese and wine. Apple cider. Hard cider. Apple pie. Hasselback Apple. Apple kugel. Apples are fabulous!!

Nothing important to add because everyone has already said it. I just wanted to add some yummy Apple love. Especially since they are both yummy and fascinating.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

I've heard of those! Never seen one in Toronto, though.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I ready somewhere cherries are supposed to help you sleep, so if anything it is encouraged. :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    nachiame wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I eat fruit every single afternoon for my snack. I'm going to have to figure something out because I've been eating watermelon and pineapple ALLL summer long and this week, they both suck. It's very disappointing. :'( What fruits are good now? Apples? Apples are stupid.

tumblr_m4hbjmytfq1qbb8qqo2_250.gif

Apples with peanut butter. Apples chopped with cinnamon and a little honey and heated real quick. Apples and cheese. Apples and cheese and wine. Apple cider. Hard cider. Apple pie. Hasselback Apple. Apple kugel. Apples are fabulous!!

Nothing important to add because everyone has already said it. I just wanted to add some yummy Apple love. Especially since they are both yummy and fascinating.

so.. you like, chop apples up with cinnamon and honey and then what? Can you just stick that in the microwave? I have never done much with apples besides just eat them lol.

eta oo I just found this via google. This sounds good, I might replace my watermelon/pineapple snack with this, and put a dollop of whipped cream on it. Mmmmm.. I guess apples aren't so stupid.

https://eatathomecooks.com/1-minute-brown-sugar-and-cinnamon-apples/
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I came here because I thought people could not possibly be debating whether or not fruit was "bad" for seven pages, and I wanted to see whether this was another dessert road trip thread. I find myself disappointed that it is, in fact, mostly seven pages of debunking fruity woo.

Fruity woo - sounds like a dessert to me!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I came here because I thought people could not possibly be debating whether or not fruit was "bad" for seven pages, and I wanted to see whether this was another dessert road trip thread. I find myself disappointed that it is, in fact, mostly seven pages of debunking fruity woo.

Shall we try to get it back on the right track?!?

jg89q8wayyyh.jpg

i'll see your cherry pie and raise you peach pie!

x8k3mb6zcqzn.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    Yes, pie was an obvious direction to go, since (1) 7 pages on fruit, so time for dessert, and (2) pie is fruity, so clearly on topic. I was wondering how long it would take . . . .

Personally, my favorite is concord grape pie, pure ambrosia, but I don't have a photo.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

I've heard of those! Never seen one in Toronto, though.

The only place I've ever seen them is Apple Hill near Truckee, CA (about 3 hours from where I live). It's miles of apple orchards, and in the fall all the stands are open with every kind of apple you can imagine. A lot of the stands also sell local fruits and veg, apple cider, apple wine, food, and crafts. It's a really fun day trip!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    We have a farm about 90 minutes out of the city, famous for its apple orchards but has berry picking too. I went once and recall they had samples of about 12 different varieties they were handing out slices of. I remember being surprised that apples my mom had told me repeatedly were "cooking apples" not "eating apples" were among the tastier.

None of them were winesap though.

Just found their website: https://www.chudleighs.com/ And it looks like they still haven't got 'em.

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yes, pie was an obvious direction to go, since (1) 7 pages on fruit, so time for dessert, and (2) pie is fruity, so clearly on topic. I was wondering how long it would take . . . .

Personally, my favorite is concord grape pie, pure ambrosia, but I don't have a photo.

i've never heard of this....now i'm curious!