What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Cooking. I hate cooking. I hate planning to cook, prepping to cook, cleaning up the cooking....it's the most miserable chore I do. I've cut down eating out to 3-5 times a week and gotten meal prep down to a couple of hours most weeks, but still dread kitchen time every Sunday. I just miss having food that I actually look forward to eating. But I'm much closer to looking how I'd like to look, so I guess I'll take it!

ditto. I eat a lot of soup/potatoes/etc made in ~5kg batches (and yep- that's about the max of what'll fit into an electric pressure cooker).
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    ritzvin wrote: »
    Explaining to people once the weight is gone that you are still 'watching' calorie intake. It's the benefit (or curse) of the learning process from logging.

eta.. And explaining... yes I still workout and do it because I enjoy it.

yep this. Having to explain the proper order of cause and effect when it comes to weight. As in: "No, I don't not have to watch my calories because I'm thin (as if I was blessed with some miracle unicorn metabolism that lets me eat all the things). I'm (relatively) thin because I DO watch my calories." Up there with explaining to my fellow cyclists post-ride that "No- my 4'10" 112 lb self most definitely did NOT burn enough calories on that 30 mile hill ride to eat a plate of burger and fries/order of chicken wings and a beer in the pub afterward)."

I hate that one. I was at an event that was a wine flight + heavy appetizer, and one of the women at our table made a comment about how she was surprised how full she felt, since it was "only" wine and cheese and crackers/bread. I pointed out to her that we'd easily consumed 600 calories between all of the components, and her jaw dropped as she said that "YOU count calories?"

Well, yes. That's part of how/why I look like I do.

yep.

I actually have a cheat sheet card for crackers/cheese/pepperoni/mini salami since they are out at many larger dance events (and minimal time to log on the spot; also was a while before I finally found a cheddar/colby listing in cubic inches - so I had to do the math).
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    ritzvin wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Cooking. I hate cooking. I hate planning to cook, prepping to cook, cleaning up the cooking....it's the most miserable chore I do. I've cut down eating out to 3-5 times a week and gotten meal prep down to a couple of hours most weeks, but still dread kitchen time every Sunday. I just miss having food that I actually look forward to eating. But I'm much closer to looking how I'd like to look, so I guess I'll take it!

ditto. I eat a lot of soup/potatoes/etc made in ~5kg batches (and yep- that's about the max of what'll fit into an electric pressure cooker).

Yep--only I'm a Crock Pot kind of girl! It's generally either some kind of soup or a combo of baked meat, frozen veg and rice in a bowl...repeated ad infinitum.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    "WILL YOU PLEASE STOP OFFERING ME YOUR FOOD YOU DON'T WANT TO EAT!"

Is what I would like to shout at some people.

Seriously though, I had to turn down cakes like 5 times yesterday, from the same person! Although one was by someone else on her behalf. Someone, who I would point out, had just refused the cake herself.

I suppose I'm more sensitive to this because I did used to be the human hoover, eating up anything my friends didn't want. But still!

Don't you just hate when you are kept being offered stuff over and over - a no should be taken as a no. Its very annoying. When someone does that to me now I say a very firm no thanks, I'm full. It usually works so I think its all in how we say no :smiley:
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2018
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Going through this process makes you realize just how massive the misinformation/disinformation campaign on weight management is. Nearly everything we've been taught or told is wrong.

You don't even have to delve deep to understand that the majority of diet plans are not designed for participant success, but for planned obsolescence.

" You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." - Morpheus

I guess we decided to take the red pill. Though, this rabbit hole is far deeper than I imagined. Still trying to find the bottom.