Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Keto Diet Debate

Options

Replies

• ODIN_AXEMURDER
    ODIN_AXEMURDER Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tmasid wrote: »
    Please, Please, Please MFP make it so that we can track net carbs asap. there are so many of us doing KETO and using MFP for tracking. This ability would make life so much easier. I understand on my computer I get a view that I can easily do the math with, however on my telephone I don't! Please allow us to track net carbs. Thank you

Cronometer tracks net carbs
  • LieneA
    LieneA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto is no miracle drug. In the end it is still about "calories in vs calories out" and will power. It can be a tool though. Some people just eat less, because protein and fat usually make you feel fuller than carbs for a longer period of time. And, while that is true in many cases, it is not so for everyone. I still have to count every gram of food i eat before hand or I will overeat, even being on keto. I do not eat bacon and any other kind of pork, heavy cream, "ketofied" versions of comfort food etc. exactly because of that reason. Everyone who says they can eat as unlimited amounts and chug buletproof coffee all day long, and keep losing wieght, are delusional. Even if they are losing at this point, they are either not eating as much as they think, or they under estimate their daily calorie needs (often happens with very obese individuals). Also, losing 2 pounds of fat in a night is not realistic - that's just water.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say...

I changed what I ate. That led to a change in overall calorie intake. That led to weight loss.

Everyone agrees that A happen. Everyone agrees that C happens. But some people are failing to mention/acknowledge that B is happening (intentionally or unintentionally), and that's the critical context here.

Actually, if I'm being thorough, it should be...

A -- I changed what I ate.
    B -- That led to a change in overall calorie intake.
    C -- That changed my overall calorie/energy balance.
    D -- That led to weight loss.

C is the crucial part in all this.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    I am still trying to figure out the relevance of your breathalyzer results. Too much alcohol might explain your crazy claims I suppose...

I'm fairly certain the breathalyzer mentioned by @GaleHawkins is a breathalyzer used to test ketones. There are many types available. Here's one:

https://www.ketonix.com/