October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    The new season starts soon I think. Should be interesting to see where the new doctor takes it.

I lost interest towards the end of Matt Smith's run and as much as I wanted to love Peter Capaldi, just didn't get back into it. I'm looking forward to seeing what a new Doctor and (maybe more importantly for me personally) a new show runner can do.

Yeah, Peter Capaldi was not my favorite and I still miss Rose. And what ever happened with Jenny? They need to bring her back! But we stuck with it and we will tune in to the new one once it is on streaming someplace where we can get it.

There have been GREAT shows (The first angels, the library, to knew a few) and some really not so great ones. I think that is just par for the couse with a long running show like that.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    The new season starts soon I think. Should be interesting to see where the new doctor takes it.

I lost interest towards the end of Matt Smith's run and as much as I wanted to love Peter Capaldi, just didn't get back into it. I'm looking forward to seeing what a new Doctor and (maybe more importantly for me personally) a new show runner can do.

Yeah, Peter Capaldi was not my favorite and I still miss Rose. And what ever happened with Jenny? They need to bring her back! But we stuck with it and we will tune in to the new one once it is on streaming someplace where we can get it.

There have been GREAT shows (The first angels, the library, to knew a few) and some really not so great ones. I think that is just par for the couse with a long running show like that.

I liked Peter Capaldi, but not as much as Matt Smith. But more than the 6th or 7th or 9th Doctors. I like 8 more. I like 5 more (weird true fact, David Tennant is Peter Davison's son-in-law), and 4 about the same. I haven't seen enough of 1, 2 or 3 to rank them. Although my younger son is named after the very first Companion, Ian, and the second Doctor's actor.

Either that or he's named after Magneto and Professor X.

I have not seen much of the Doctor before the ninth. Just a handful of them. Someday I need to find them and watch all the doctors.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »

I liked Peter Capaldi, but not as much as Matt Smith. But more than the 6th or 7th or 9th Doctors. I like 8 more. I like 5 more (weird true fact, David Tennant is Peter Davison's son-in-law), and 4 about the same. I haven't seen enough of 1, 2 or 3 to rank them. Although my younger son is named after the very first Companion, Ian, and the second Doctor's actor.

Either that or he's named after Magneto and Professor X.

I have not seen much of the Doctor before the ninth. Just a handful of them. Someday I need to find them and watch all the doctors.

Amazon prime has them all
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Scott6255 Hope the doctors visit is productive and something simple. Keep us updated.

@sarahthes I've seen every Dr. Who. I still loved Tom Baker's Who. They all take a bit of getting use to when he regenerates, but I enjoyed each one of them.

The newest coming out is season 11, right? I know it's been airing, and we don't get it over the air. So I'm always a season behind.

Oh River is my absolute favorite character! Loved the dynamics there! Probably my favorite seasons ever. And poor ol' Clara, wish she'd come back again somehow.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @rheddmobile Actually your pretty darn close already with just the wig!