WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    ryenday wrote: »
    Well, the project I’ve been working on since March is finally complete.
    Meet my car! BB-4,2. gezhjvwjdcwl.jpeg. Today, on my brand new first time ever driving license, it sits there in the grocery store parking lot where I drove it - without a licensed driver in the passenger seat with me for the first time!

A LOT, a whole lot of practice, a couple
    Fails on the driver road test (grr parallel parking) and here I am at age 53 with my first ever car and license.

It is an odd combination of great pride (this was close to impossible until we found the tiny car and then only by pure practice for six months and determination ) and shame (although my mind knows my disabilities are not shameful- my gut is always very embarrassed). But mostly overwhelming relief, fear and eagerness.)

A momentous day for me.

Rye

Oh wonderful!!!! Congrats to you!!! I got my first ever drivers license in 2014 at 52 yrs old! Its scary, exciting, numbing, exhilarating, scary, (oh I said that already).... I still feel scared, though, but I have done it! We are both so brave!!!
    Hugs Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Waiting to hear. ;)
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Lisa – Did insurance require you to put the railings going up the steps in front of your house?

Michele, yes, they required both the railing on the porch and on the stairs. And the door... yeah, that's the stuff of nightmares. Will have to buy one this weekend.

Rori, I was so tired when I saw your post last night, I missed that your husband had remembered the Puerto Vallarta trip! Every memory is so precious. Enjoy your trip!

Heather, the park is lovely... thinking of you as you wait.

Karen in VA, thank you. Writing for me is like breathing, it's necessary. I think it was Katla who advised me, "only write when you have something to say" a few months back and it's been helpful in keeping me from just babbling on. :)

Janet in OK, advice without judgment is a true gift. I struggle to attain that myself. It's a nice observation from family!

Has been wonderful to get back into a work routine in these three weeks at home between business trips. They're just getting my Arkansas employment taxes straightened out, so I may get a whopper of a tax bill shortly. Should be interesting. Whatever it is, we'll cope with it. That's what we do.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Thank you. SIL is like a son to us........a heart breaking situation.They ‘re expecting 1st Grandchild in Feb & now this.

Our Grandaughter will be here tomor.Always good to see her.Life sets us up & knocks us down,but that’s how it goes.

Enough ........unless you all need to hear about my broken big toe. :s Happened yesterday & no idea how it happened.
    Weird!

Heather,enjoy the kids & good luck on your loooong wait.Thinking all good thoughts.

Janet in OK..........Family worry never ends. Sorry you have so much stress..

Pat in Oh

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Karen in VA: Great essay and wonderful use of descriptive words! :)

Terry & Janet & Pat: So sorry for the trials you are all facing.

Lisa: Glad the drama at work will probably calm down now that your co-worker has decided to leave. I think we have all encountered folks like that in our lives.

Alison: You are a bigger person than most of us would be regarding Tom. I am sorry about your blood disorder and hope you will get the help you need to manage it.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow. I hate going to the dentist and have no dental insurance. But, I have a tooth that is bothering me and want it taken care of before I have to go through a lot of pain. I also have two crowns that need to be replaced but will probably continue to put that off.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Hi,
    Yes the park is lovely. Hove is full of people running, walking, cycling etc. Today I saw a business man on a skateboard. :o It is the 'fittest' city in the UK.
    We went out to the beach and had the best ice cream in the UK this morning. Bea got covered in chocolate ice cream but a great time was had by all.
    Will post pictures.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Terry (((hugs))) and warm wishes!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Terry ~ feel better sweetie... I know it is tough... take everything a day at a time
    Heather~ picture of Bea and Grandpa and the chocolate ice cream face adorable!!!
    walked the dogs....and went and and fed DFIL he was awake and he ate his first bowl of mandarin oranges on his own, then he started on a second bowl... and started fading so i fed him the rest, got his oatmeal and 1/2 his eggs in.. so I consider that a win.. every day is a gift... working 12-6 today....