• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    marxk0815 wrote: »
    OP, you asked a question: how do I achieve this goal?

You got a lot of people tell you that your goal is unrealistic.

And you have a few people telling you that they achieved your goal and how they were able to achieve it.

All you have to do is decide who you want to listen to.

Best wishes, and I hope you exceed expectations. :)

Last I checked, even bodybuilders are happy if they gain 1 pound of muscle in a month and that's trying to gain weight, nevermind while also eating a deficit to lose fat.
    So yeah, no.

OP asked how to lose fat and gain muscle. You can see by the pics I posted and the weight I lost that it can be done. You can't argue with results.

Don't get so hung up on numbers. All I said about the 5lbs was that when you work like that, the scale can stall. But that doesn't mean progress isn't occuring. Here are some same weight pics that show you can lose fat and gain muscle, and the scale stalls:

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

Am I the only one confused on how those pics are supposed to show that you can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time while in a deficit?

Yep, totally agreed that weight loss isn't linear. That's pretty well known around these parts, specifically when OPs start a thread about their weight loss slowing or stopping. Most commonly it's due to added or upped exercising causing the body to retain water. My weight can jump 2-3lbs after a hard lifting day.

to me its showing that her weight remained the same but her body changed so to me that means a recomp. which usually means eating in maintenance.but doesnt say deficit or not so and these pics could just mean that these women lost fat and showed the muscle underneath too.

Agreed....it could be a recomp or the results of a cut / bulk / cut, and also agreed that it could be from BF% being lost and little to no muscle was actually gained.

Reading the thread I thought the crux of the back and forth was about gaining measurable muscle fast enough to cancel out fat loss at a 1:1 ratio....and I thought that these pics were proof of that being possible.

If not, then my bad.

Exactly.

And you have a few people telling you that they achieved your goal and how they were able to achieve it.

Last I checked, even bodybuilders are happy if they gain 1 pound of muscle in a month and that's trying to gain weight, nevermind while also eating a deficit to lose fat.
    So yeah, no.

OP asked how to lose fat and gain muscle. You can see by the pics I posted and the weight I lost that it can be done. You can't argue with results.

Don't get so hung up on numbers. All I said about the 5lbs was that when you work like that, the scale can stall. But that doesn't mean progress isn't occuring. Here are some same weight pics that show you can lose fat and gain muscle, and the scale stalls:

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

Am I the only one confused on how those pics are supposed to show that you can lose weight and gain muscle at the same time while in a deficit?

Yep, totally agreed that weight loss isn't linear. That's pretty well known around these parts, specifically when OPs start a thread about their weight loss slowing or stopping. Most commonly it's due to added or upped exercising causing the body to retain water. My weight can jump 2-3lbs after a hard lifting day.

to me its showing that her weight remained the same but her body changed so to me that means a recomp. which usually means eating in maintenance.but doesnt say deficit or not so and these pics could just mean that these women lost fat and showed the muscle underneath too.

Those women stayed the same weight and lost quite a bit of fat. If they didn't also gain muscle, then their weight would have been reduced as their size got smaller. Fat weight was being lost, and muscle weight was being gained. Simultaneously.

Also, my pictures and stats show that you can eat at a deficit, lose a significant amount of weight and simultaneously gain muscle and strength.

OK....then my assumption was correct....

I don't see how these pictures are supposed to prove anything? Are you saying they recomped....or they ate at a constant deficit and stayed the exact same weight....and thus assuming they gained muscle and lost fat at a 1:1 ratio?

I don't have to assume - I can tell you from personal experience - you can look at my pics and my stats and see I ate at a deficit and gained serious muscle mass and strength at the same time.

Which is what the OP wanted to know how to do. So I told the OP how I did it.

And everybody got upset about it, for some reason.

you have no pics showing anything

She posted links to pics upthread. But they don't really prove anything other than she is in good shape. They don't support her claims at all. The rest is just rants.
  • mmapags
    Options
    You have no way of knowing whether those photos mean what you think they mean. Just because someone weighed an amount with high BF% and weighs the same with lower BF% doesn't mean that they lost fat and gained muscle at a 1:1 rate. You haven't even provided meaningful evidence that YOU lost fat and gained muscle at a 1:1 ratio never mind you having any clue at what ratio those random ladies lost fat and gained muscle.

Yes they are obviously carrying less fat. Yes they are obviously carrying more muscle. These facts do not speak to the ratio of loss to gain in any way, shape or form.

So, I'm going to stop responding here.

Because you are at the point where you can't even believe someone telling you about their own life experience, because it messes with your ideas of how things work.

All of you on this board who argued me down, do you.

I'm going to do me, because, it's working. So well you can't even believe it.

The woo button is right there. Enjoy it.

Have a nice day!!!!! :)

The discussion is more nuanced than you would like it to be. Some of us are discussing details, like the breed, gender, hair length, and temperament of a dog, while you holler insistently that it's a dog and all that matters is that it's a dog.

Dead on! And awesome analogy!
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    You have no way of knowing whether those photos mean what you think they mean. Just because someone weighed an amount with high BF% and weighs the same with lower BF% doesn't mean that they lost fat and gained muscle at a 1:1 rate. You haven't even provided meaningful evidence that YOU lost fat and gained muscle at a 1:1 ratio never mind you having any clue at what ratio those random ladies lost fat and gained muscle.

Yes they are obviously carrying less fat. Yes they are obviously carrying more muscle. These facts do not speak to the ratio of loss to gain in any way, shape or form.

Because you are at the point where you can't even believe someone telling you about their own life experience, because it messes with your ideas of how things work.

The discussion is more nuanced than you would like it to be. Some of us are discussing details, like the breed, gender, hair length, and temperament of a dog, while you holler insistently that it's a dog and all that matters is that it's a dog.

Thanks. She made a very specific claim and now wants to fall back on generalities. It's disingenuous.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

Agreed....it could be a recomp or the results of a cut / bulk / cut, and also agreed that it could be from BF% being lost and little to no muscle was actually gained.

Reading the thread I thought the crux of the back and forth was about gaining measurable muscle fast enough to cancel out fat loss at a 1:1 ratio....and I thought that these pics were proof of that being possible.

If not, then my bad.

Exactly.

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

Those women stayed the same weight and lost quite a bit of fat. If they didn't also gain muscle, then their weight would have been reduced as their size got smaller. Fat weight was being lost, and muscle weight was being gained. Simultaneously.

Also, my pictures and stats show that you can eat at a deficit, lose a significant amount of weight and simultaneously gain muscle and strength.

OK....then my assumption was correct....

I don't see how these pictures are supposed to prove anything? Are you saying they recomped....or they ate at a constant deficit and stayed the exact same weight....and thus assuming they gained muscle and lost fat at a 1:1 ratio?

I don't have to assume - I can tell you from personal experience - you can look at my pics and my stats and see I ate at a deficit and gained serious muscle mass and strength at the same time.

Which is what the OP wanted to know how to do. So I told the OP how I did it.

And everybody got upset about it, for some reason.

you have no pics showing anything

She posted links to pics upthread. But they don't really prove anything other than she is in good shape. They don't support her claims at all. The rest is just rants.
    ok I went back and looked. I see now
  • mmapags
    Options

Thanks. She made a very specific claim and now wants to fall back on generalities. It's disingenuous.

Exactly!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    10 count...goes to @mmapags...(sigh) another thread derailed into debate. Focus
  • mmapags
    Options
    10 count...goes to @mmapags...(sigh) another thread derailed into debate. Focus

This one was a team effort. Many people tried to talk some sense in this thread. But the derailer was determined to derail.
  • johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

If not, then my bad.

Exactly.

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

You have no evidence of the time frame. It's more likely that they went through a cut and bulk cycle

Also, my pictures and stats show that you can eat at a deficit, lose a significant amount of weight and simultaneously gain muscle and strength. I have personal experience. Why is this such a big deal?

j8yl9cck03qp.jpg
  • mmapags
    Options

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

If not, then my bad.

Exactly.

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

You have no evidence of the time frame. It's more likely that they went through a cut and bulk cycle

Also, my pictures and stats show that you can eat at a deficit, lose a significant amount of weight and simultaneously gain muscle and strength. I have personal experience. Why is this such a big deal?

j8yl9cck03qp.jpg

Pure awesome right there! Stole a copy of it to use in the future. I will attribute you in threads we both post in. Otherwise, I will take the credit.... :D
  • johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    Options

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

If not, then my bad.

Exactly.

So yeah, no.

hthtnitbojhc.png

yvrvhc1phnq8.png

j8yl9cck03qp.jpg

Pure awesome right there! Stole a copy of it to use in the future. I will attribute you in threads we both post in. Otherwise, I will take the credit.... :D

Yeah. I miss that guy
This discussion has been closed.