Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Intermittent fasting

2»

Replies

• anet32147anet32147 Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    How have you found using the MFP app helps during IF. I’m interested in starting IF, but I still use the app for calculating micronutrients (I’m on LCHF)
  • reposadojoreposadojo Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    anet32147 wrote: »
    How have you found using the MFP app helps during IF. I’m interested in starting IF, but I still use the app for calculating micronutrients (I’m on LCHF)

I still count calories on if.. I find if quite easy though,, I never was a breakfast person any way.. So eating all my calories after work, works for me.. Although since I hit my goal I now sometimes have a bowl of weetabix cereal at midday.. You can still put weight on doing if. I have learnt a lot by tracking my food.
  • leahcollett1leahcollett1 Posts: 802Member Member Posts: 802Member Member
    this is such an inspirational post - i have just started dong 16:8 and im so excited about it, i too have done all the diets under the sun
  • leahcollett1leahcollett1 Posts: 802Member Member Posts: 802Member Member
    its day 4 and today is the first time ive truly struggled to fast until 12. i have woken up at 6am absolutely starving. i think its worse that i cant have a coffee latte to see me through lol
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 97Member, Premium Member Posts: 97Member, Premium Member
    its day 4 and today is the first time ive truly struggled to fast until 12. i have woken up at 6am absolutely starving. i think its worse that i cant have a coffee latte to see me through lol

What did you eat for your last meal yesterday and at what time? Are you drinking sufficient water? What was your sugar content?

Hunger will pass because it’s a habitual response. A strong cup of black coffee is a morning “friend” you should make.

Hang in there and don’t quit before the miracle arrives. I’m privately cheering for you.

• CharlieBeansmomTraceyCharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,350Member Member Posts: 7,350Member Member
    this is such an inspirational post - i have just started dong 16:8 and im so excited about it, i too have done all the diets under the sun

“Budget” 5-7 days to reprogram your gut and brain to IF, afterward, you’ll be fine, I promise.

Drink a big glass of water during your week moments and keep your mind and body occupied. Your hunger and weak moments will pass.

Good luck.

you arent programming your gut and brain to do IF. some people cant do IF. some people have done it all their life. as for hunger passing it doesnt work that way for everyone.IF is just a window of time in which to eat your calories. Ive done it for more than 3 decades. I do better fasting because I am not a breakfast eater never really was. now if someone has insulin issues it may help with craving things or not being as hungry. but IF isnt for everyone.
  • musicfan68musicfan68 Posts: 682Member Member Posts: 682Member Member
    chaparra71 wrote: »
    Not true AnvilHead.

And what about what he said isn't true??? Hmmm? This may be your opinion, but calorie deficit is how you lose weight, period. No matter what your WOE is, you still have to be in calorie deficit to lose.
  • AudreyJDukeAudreyJDuke Posts: 813Member Member Posts: 813Member Member
    Great info!!!
2»