Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Intermittent fasting

ElitejammerElitejammer Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
I’m down 9 pounds in 9 weeks with intermittent fasting. I’m fasting now 20 hours a day and eating within 4 hours. My workouts are done fasting to get the best results including more energy. My face is smoother and my sore knees feel better. I tried to do a 24 hour fast today but could only get to 22 hours. Still feel better.

Replies

• margaret_annemargaret_anne Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member
    I am also doing the 16/8 IF. I am wondering how many days a week to do it? I am just starting to experiment with the strategy...
  • ElitejammerElitejammer Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
    I IF everyday. Most of the week I can maintain 20/4. The weekends are easier because I am busy. Sometimes I can do OMAD. IF makes me feel in control of my appetite. If I am no hungry, I do not eat. I’ve lost ten now with 20 to go. It makes me feel good for someone to notice the difference!☺️
    Thank you all for your support. I am now down 11 lbs with 20/4 IF. I have also added Juicing which keeps me full. Let’s keep it going everyone!
  • RredSonjaRredSonja Posts: 304Member, Premium Member Posts: 304Member, Premium Member
    I am also doing the 16/8 IF. I am wondering how many days a week to do it? I am just starting to experiment with the strategy...
    Every day!!!
    I do it everyday also. It becomes natural after a month. Now on my 4th month,
  • GaleHawkinsGaleHawkins Posts: 7,038Member Member Posts: 7,038Member Member
    For everybody who is interested in some more background information, this is a pretty good summary about intermittent fasting and metabolism with 46 references to scientific papers. If anyone has better ones PLEASE post them.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-metabolism

Thanks for the link and it is something I am considering but I have been keto for 4 years and since it seems to have fixed my craving after the first month I do IF by accident because I skip meals because I am not hungry. Having gone 4 years without being hungry and maintaining a 50 pound weight loss for the last three years and health issues are resolving is awesome after 40 years of yo-yoing weight due to cutting calories which never fixed my cravings that seemed to have been the cause of my obesity.

"Conclusion
    Although research has shown some promising findings, the effects of intermittent fasting on metabolism are still being investigated (3).

Early research suggests that short-term fasts boost metabolism as much as 14%, and several studies suggest that your muscle mass doesn't decrease much with intermittent fasting (6, 26, 45).

If this is true, then intermittent fasting has several important weight loss advantages over diets based on continuous calorie restriction.

At the end of the day, intermittent fasting can be a highly effective weight loss tool for many people."

edited October 29
  • CharlieBeansmomTraceyCharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,350Member Member Posts: 7,350Member Member
    For everybody who is interested in some more background information, this is a pretty good summary about intermittent fasting and metabolism with 46 references to scientific papers. If anyone has better ones PLEASE post them.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-metabolism

and those scientific papers state that timed IF needs more studies done and there are a lot of key words like "could"."may","possibly" etc. that doesnt mean it s set in stone. and many of the studies were done on rats,some on people but a lot of the studies are still inconclusive