Intermittent fasting

I’m down 9 pounds in 9 weeks with intermittent fasting. I’m fasting now 20 hours a day and eating within 4 hours. My workouts are done fasting to get the best results including more energy. My face is smoother and my sore knees feel better. I tried to do a 24 hour fast today but could only get to 22 hours. Still feel better.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    For everybody who is interested in some more background information, this is a pretty good summary about intermittent fasting and metabolism with 46 references to scientific papers. If anyone has better ones PLEASE post them.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-metabolism

and those scientific papers state that timed IF needs more studies done and there are a lot of key words like "could"."may","possibly" etc. that doesnt mean it s set in stone. and many of the studies were done on rats,some on people but a lot of the studies are still inconclusive
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!