Intermittent fasting

Options
12346»

Replies

• Dgil1975
    Dgil1975 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @dgil1975, hope you share your IF science experiment testing mental clarity but am sure you know it’ll be perception based and,therefore, subject to measurement error. Because, there’s deception un perception.

Welcome your sharing at our Intermittent Fasting group here at MFP and wishing you the best.

Thanks pierinifitness, I have been lurking around that fasting group the last day or so, when I realized that there were group pages.

As with anything we do things that feel good and have results. I’ve been doing IF for about a week, which is just to short of a window to have any clear concise feelings. What I would say is that I have been enjoying not thinking about eating for anymore than my feed period. I felt like there might be something to this mental clarity piece but it could be just placebo effect as it was the effect that most intrigued me. The biggest surprise is that it hasn’t been terribly hard transition so far, which is not what I anticipated. I originally planned a two week test period, but am feeling like I will stretch it out to three weeks, if I keep feeling as good as I do it could become a permanent fixture.
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How fo you stop hunger pangs? I get hungry and then ots alllll I can think about. Im doing the 16/8 method. Or at least trying. I did rly well today but any tips would be great :) Feel free to add me. I woulf love the support. Thanks in advance! 💙
  • neenaexp
    neenaexp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I’ve been IF 16:8 for the past year, and it works really well for my schedule/maintenance. I’ve gotten so used to it, that if I eat anytime outside of that window, my system feels disrupted. Right now my goal is to increase movement, physical strength. and keep eating 16:8.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IF for the past 3 months and have lost 35lbs. I started out doing 16:8. Then 18:6. Then 20:4. And now I'm at alternate day (36 hours). I do it regularly. I like it because I don't have to put any foods in the "bad" category. It also seems like a program I can maintain for life.

My only issue is that MyFitnessPal has not kept up with the times and the interface is not conducive to fasting. I wish the site would allow people to looks at macros at a weekly level and not just daily. I log my food on days that I'm not fasting to keep track but either I'm too high (on my feast days) or I have almost nothing at all on fast days. I wish this site would keep up with the times and be more fast friendly. As it stands, I'm finding myself using another app for fasting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!