1 week into maintenance & I’m starving

Options
13»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you will be seeing your doctor. If increased hunger bothers a person so much that they would rather stay in a deficit and lose weight they do not need to, that seems to call out for professional attention. The phrase "I will try again at some point" is concerning- a person can't stay in a deficit indefinitely, and what happens to your body & health in the meantime? Wish you the best :)
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Glad to hear you will be seeing your doctor. If increased hunger bothers a person so much that they would rather stay in a deficit and lose weight they do not need to, that seems to call out for professional attention. The phrase "I will try again at some point" is concerning- a person can't stay in a deficit indefinitely, and what happens to your body & health in the meantime? Wish you the best :)

Thank you, I do have a plan of sorts and it starts with the dr, I think I might need to talk a lot before I get the strength to actually change.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »

Thank you, I do have a plan of sorts and it starts with the dr, I think I might need to talk a lot before I get the strength to actually change.

Ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist and a dietitian. You don't need to live like this.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think they are planning to refer me, I’m quite positive about the idea of a therapist, the dietitian makes me nervous.