Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobilem well done!!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run today instead we had 3-foot flames coming out of the oven. Which was good since the temps were in single digits F.

Oh and burned the bottom of my foot, but, eh, not like I do not have another one...🤪
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent :o We need more details...
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Whose streakin'?

I wanna do it. But think three days is where i falter. So. I declare that I'm streakin' and plan on making it past 3 days.

Its the perfect time to recommit to the" better me" goals.

How does a streak work. Simply run every day? What's the shortest distance you count, like 2k/1 mile?

Its a mile per day from Thanksgiving to new years. But i say set your own steak goal if you need to.

Set my own steak goal, ok then; I will. It is barbecue season here after all.

My goal is two eye fillet steaks a week for the months of December, January and February!!

Now thats a goal I can support!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    No run today instead we had 3-foot flames coming out of the oven. Which was good since the temps were in single digits F.

Oh and burned the bottom of my foot, but, eh, not like I do not have another one...🤪

So..... Did you have turkey dogs instead?

Hope the damage and trauma were minimal!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent
    Oh wow! Glad everyone, and the turkey, was safe! Yikes.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent There is never a dull moment at your house, is there? Glad there was only minor damage and injury and the turkey was okay. I'm sure that was scary for everyone though. Hope you foot is all better this morning. BTW, I have found listening to that little voice in your head, even when it sounds silly, is usually the right move.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Ok, the family has left, food has been put away and kitchen cleaned.

I am proud of my 5k today. I shaved 0:45 off each mile from the race 2 weeks ago. This makes me happy.

I am really trying to focus on my form and not just finishing. My oldest daughter, who is in the military, suggested that I focus on lengthening my strides and paying close attention to how much time neither foot was on the ground.

The stride thing made perfect sense, but my time off the ground.... that seemed bizarre to me initially, but once I was seeing it in action it made sense, too

The course today was much hillier than the last. The ups was easier to focus on strides. The downs I focused on both. It really felt good to feel the longer strides and floating down the hills.

47 ran/ 50 committed. I’ll hit my Nov goal tomorrow. 100 for December!!

This is fab. Just one word of caution - if you're trying to lengthen your stride, just ensure the extra length comes from pushing off and your feet stretching behind you, rather than stretching your feet forwards as you stride. You want to ensure your feet still land under your hips otherwise you're risking injury (spoken by someone who's been there!).

Thanks for the advice. I have had 2 back surgeries - I don’t need an injury of the hips or anything in that region!!!