November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »

Nearly forgot, I have the perfect picture for you.
    Taken at a buffet lunch in Shanghai.
    qplzg01hbjqg.jpg

The Englis says "Gluten Spicey Meat" which makes no sense? What does the Chinese (Mandarin?) say?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the car waiting on my partner in crime.... headed to the turkey trot.

I would complain that it is 29 degrees, but most of you are running in snow.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Good luck to all the turkey trotters!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Sitting in the car waiting on my partner in crime.... headed to the turkey trot.

I would complain that it is 29 degrees, but most of you are running in snow.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

It's supposed to be beautiful here today, almost 60 degrees. Right now it's 32! Good luck at your Turkey Trot! I'm heading out to mine now.

I'm not used to morning running, this is hard for me!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options

qplzg01hbjqg.jpg

The Englis says "Gluten Spicey Meat" which makes no sense? What does the Chinese (Mandarin?) say?

Sorry, should have explained. Gluten and spicy meat are two things. So... yes we have a dish that is made of (almost) entirely gluten.

Thing is before this moment I never, ever put two and two together and said, oh! so that's what everyone can't eat! Gluten always struck me as a tiny part of a whole, not something that one can steam, chop up and stir fry. Heh.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

qplzg01hbjqg.jpg

Sorry, should have explained. Gluten and spicy meat are two things. So... yes we have a dish that is made of (almost) entirely gluten.

Thing is before this moment I never, ever put two and two together and said, oh! so that's what everyone can't eat! Gluten always struck me as a tiny part of a whole, not something that one can steam, chop up and stir fry. Heh.

Oh, you can buy cans of gluten here, used mainly as a protein additive in exercise shakes but I guess you could eat it by itself if you wanted?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @Machafin Congrats on the PR!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    11-1 Rest
    11-2 7k intervals
    11-3 7k easy
    11-4 10.5k slow
    11-5 7k recovery
    11-6 Rest
    11-7 7k intervals
    11-8 7k easy
    11-9 Rest
    11-10 7k
    11-11 10.5k slow
    11-12 7k recovery
    11-13 Rest
    11-14 7k intervals
    11-15 7k recovery
    11-16 Rest
    11-17 7k easy
    11-18 10.5k slow
    11-19 7k recovery
    11-20 Rest
    11-21 7k intervals
    11-22 7k easy

November total: 122.5k
    November goal: 150k

Fun easy run today: 22 degrees F with a northwest wind.
    @bubblegum2fitness Good luck for your race today, and good luck to all those who get to race today as well.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

qplzg01hbjqg.jpg

Is the gluten mochi? I found that in ice cream. The dough lover in me really enjoyed it.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Whose streakin'?

I wanna do it. But think three days is where i falter. So. I declare that I'm streakin' and plan on making it past 3 days.

Its the perfect time to recommit to the" better me" goals.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Whose streakin'?

I wanna do it. But think three days is where i falter. So. I declare that I'm streakin' and plan on making it past 3 days.

I think I'm going to aim for 1st Dec - 1st Jan since I'm UK based - obviously not because I've got a big night out tomorrow and wouldn't be fit to run on Saturday :wink: Not sure how I'll manage it on the weekends I have my daughter staying with me, but hopefully grandparents can come to the rescue and I'll keep those days at the bare minimum.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Whose streakin'?

How does a streak work. Simply run every day? What's the shortest distance you count, like 2k/1 mile?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Whose streakin'?

How does a streak work. Simply run every day? What's the shortest distance you count, like 2k/1 mile?

Its a mile per day from Thanksgiving to new years. But i say set your own steak goal if you need to.