Amanda
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    Day nine~

Me: 7*
    LNS: 2
  • YogiCece
    YogiCece Posts: 32 Member
    I'm a little late to join, but I keep a log of whenever I overeat in the evenings so as of today this is where I'm at:

Me: 6
    LNS: 3

Yesterday I had just had my dinner and decided to watch a bit of telly before bed and, BANG - Hello, cravings! So, I think: "I've been eating under my calorie limit for the past few days and I can have something even if I'm not hungry". I get an apple and eat it with a handful of pumkinseeds. Am I satisfied? Hell no! I tell myself: "You're full and you really don't need to eat more". But, My Other Me just goes "I don't care, just feed me". Next thing I know I'm back in the kitchen getting some leftover rice and a can of black beans (my current late night binge food) and start to make a second dinner. Then it hits me - I'm just really tired! So I tell myself: "Put down that can of beans, turn the TV off and go to sleep you silly girl!". And what do you know? For ones it worked and instead of waking up this morning feeling guilty I felt great for having been able to stop myself before my late night snack became a late night binge.
    Let's hope I can do it again because there's bound to be many more evenings like that to come.
    Good luck to all of you with keeping the cravings at bay and thanks for the inspiration!
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,099 Member
    YogiCece wrote: »
    I'm a little late to join, but I keep a log of whenever I overeat in the evenings so as of today this is where I'm at:

Yesterday I had just had my dinner and decided to watch a bit of telly before bed and, BANG - Hello, cravings! So, I think: "I've been eating under my calorie limit for the past few days and I can have something even if I'm not hungry". I get an apple and eat it with a handful of pumkinseeds. Am I satisfied? Hell no! I tell myself: "You're full and you really don't need to eat more". But, My Other Me just goes "I don't care, just feed me". Next thing I know I'm back in the kitchen getting some leftover rice and a can of black beans (my current late night binge food) and start to make a second dinner. Then it hits me - I'm just really tired! So I tell myself: "Put down that can of beans, turn the TV off and go to sleep you silly girl!". And what do you know? For ones it worked and instead of waking up this morning feeling guilty I felt great for having been able to stop myself before my late night snack became a late night binge.
    Let's hope I can do it again because there's bound to be many more evenings like that to come.
    Good luck to all of you with keeping the cravings at bay and thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for sharing and at times it can be as simple as that....I for sure need to keep working at it.
    ME 8
    LNS 1
  • ndax887
    ndax887 Posts: 73 Member
    Met 4, lns 1
    Great share there. I am also finding this is really helpful. Once I have strung a few days together it becomes easier. I always find myself halfway through my tea thinking I wouldn't mind something sweet after this. And I'm not even finished eating yet! Luckily by posting here and being accountable I can stop myself falling down the hole...
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited November 2018
    Me: 9
    LNS: 0

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody today. If you like Queen or music generally, you should see it. (I didn't even get popcorn. The movie didn't need it.)
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,911 Member
    Me: 6*
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,918 Member
    LNS: 4

Streak: +1
  • YogiCece
    Me: 7
  • MissMay
    Day ten~

Me: 8*
    LNS 2
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,911 Member
    Me 7*
    LNS 3
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @YogiCici - good for you!

I messed up the past two nights. We're talking full blown meal each time - one at 10:30 at night - the other at 9:00 at night. One was stress related, the other boredom. Neither is a good excuse.

ME: 7
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,099 Member
    ME 9
    LNS 1
  • ndax887
    ndax887 Posts: 73 Member
    Me 4, lns 2*
  • Kullerva
    Me: 10
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Me: 8*
    LNS: 2
  • YogiCece
    @biketheworld - Well, yesterday the beans won! Man, do I love beans!!! :p

Made the mistake of allowing myself to watch TV whilst having dinner and just kept eating. Felt like "I needed" the extra carbs because my muscles have been feeling so sore lately. The lies we tell ourselves...

Me: 7
    LNS: 4
  • Kullerva
    Me: 11
  • MissMay
    Day 11~

Me:7
    LNS:4*