• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Regarding wool:

When I was younger, I used to be able to wear any sort of wool ... then gradually, I couldn't.

But I could wear merino wool! I have a beautiful black merino pullover which I've had for years and which still looks great. I've even debated about getting some merino wool dresses ... but didn't because of the cost.

And then in 2016, I got the measles ... and around about that time my hot flashes really "warmed up" ... and I could no longer wear merino. :(:(:(

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    I wandered around several shops and looked at Christmas stuff - decorations and things - but didn't buy anything. Just not in the mood.

Last year, I bought some new decorations and made a couple wreaths ... but I don't think I'll be doing that this year.

M in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Morning, afternoon, and evening, all,

Actually got on my phone last night to let y'all know it was a great experience yesterday, even for this introvert. But pressed the "Done" button instead of "Post" button again, and lost my post, so gave up. Got lots of hugs, and watched as their team interacted, participated where I could, and enjoyed the vast majority of it. Only got a little nerved up when I was introduced, and that was short and sweet, just said thank you for the welcome, was so glad to be part of working for girls in Arkansas, and that I felt like I was in the right place. Got an ovation for my arrival, and although I know a couple internal people applied for the job, it seemed heartfelt and welcoming all the way around. I'd recommend starting at the holidays with any job - people are all full of Christmas cheer! :smiley: I did not wear pajamas, but many didn't, so wasn't too out of place. As a team, there was very little of the gathering in little groups and talking about the others... some, but not lots. It's a good sign, lots of flow around the room, few cliques.

Rori - I remember when you lost your friend, as well. I always think of tears as our tribute to those lost, a tiny sacrifice of part of ourselves to honor their passing and remember their presence in our lives. Then I had to look up trigger thumb, only to realize I have that issue in the middle fingers on each hand, just never knew what to call it. One thing that's always helped when it's at its worst is taking Icy Hot or Flexall, one of the muscle creams that light up all the nerves, massaging it into the area, and when the tingling sensation is at its height, stretching the finger to it's utmost, and then bending it a lot. Smells to high heaven, but takes away the "catch and pop" painful sensation for quite some time. Works for me, anyway.

For those who commented on Corey building the desks for me, I have to admit it's lovely having a man who's handy around the house. He's a mechanic at work, and getting him to fix anything mechanical is a whole 'nother story... :wink: Oddly enough, though, I'm the one who's been teaching our son how to use a power saw, etc.

And, for #29, friend or family member you're grateful for: It's been amazing, having our son John here... and he's done SO much work on clearing the land around the house. It's been tremendously good for his anxiety, as he just goes out and hacks down another tree if he starts feeling anxious or worried. He's nearly got the land all clear for his dad's planned orchard in the spring, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Also pleased, as he's making plans and following through for his future. He just paid up front for his housing for college--he'll be headed to Oregon in March, starting with two years at the Southwestern Oregon Community College to get his Associates, and then transferring up to Oregon State afterward to go through their fermentation sciences program. His GI Bill should pay for his tuition, books and housing (which includes a meal plan) at college, so he's really thinking this one out, not depending on anyone else to make anything happen for him. Just happy that he's got a future, after dealing with the issues long distance just a year ago while he was in Denver and feeling suicidal.

Got to go make a sandwich for the hubby for lunch, and get my own kiester in gear to get a few more things nailed down for my current job and dealt with. Next week Wednesday is my exit interview. Working on how to diplomatically introduce a few things that could have been different, while understanding that it is most likely going to fall on deaf ears. Apparently, the statistics show that 75% of people who leave their positions voluntarily do so because of their boss. It's a truism that people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses. I hate being a statistic!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~ I am up and dressed, taking all 3 dogs to the groomers this morning and then will go feed DFIL.. I am trying not to stress out about my dads house but things could have been done alot differently .. the homeowner buying is locked into a rate until november 30th and the vacant home insurance was through the end of the month as we thought it would be done by now but noooooo, I had to sign papers to release the lien and that took time and now for the bank to release the money will take at least 7 business days.. so I hope the buyer doesn't throw up her hands and say forget it , then it will go into forclosure and I will lose all the money that I have paid out.. which believe me is sorely needed... Oh well I will put it in Gods hands
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Gratitude #29 What family member/friend am I grateful for today?- I am grateful for my husband. He is the yin to my yang and as frustrating as that is sometimes, he keeps my life in balance.
    Welcome new girls! Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo <3 KJ (Kelly) <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    29 Family member/friend ... my husband is always at the top of my list ... but today I'm especially grateful for my Mom. She's 87 years old in debilitating pain with osteoporosis. Has very limited mobility. Both she and my Dad (soon to be 90) live about 4 hours from me (which annoys me to no end). Because phone conversations with deaf and hard of hearing people is near impossible, I gave my mom an iPad so she could FaceTime and "text." She claimed she wouldn't know what to do with it, but just the opposite is true. Although she hasn't figured out the FaceTime feature yet, she sends me frequent and hilarious texts with multiple emojis! I'm so very thankful to still have my mother in my life and love the fact that she's embracing what she considers ridiculous technology!

Beth
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Yes Lanette it is the same author.

I thought his comment about fruit juice interesting too. He considers it a high sugar processed food. He believes eating the whole fruit is the better way to go! I believe both my sons are addicted to sugar. They were raised in the 80's and 90's when our food pyramid was high in refined carbs and the low fat diet craze.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,909 Member
    Options
    1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif Line dance class in the morning, then Jake to the doctor, then me to the dentist.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    #28 small thing happened today wow I sure wouldn't call Machka's cyst being benign, nor Tracey's making it to work safely small things...

Machka Halelujah and thank Goodness!
    Penny walking 2.5 miles at 2 am with luggage? :noway:
    pip thank you for sharing your gift with us!
    Cari what kind of dog do you have? We have Skye terriers whose guard hairs are 6" long (and everywhere along with their fluffy undercoat). AHMOD=Ageing Hippie, Mother of Dogs. "Wake up in suds" ROTFL!
    Janetr 7 surprise guests on Thanksgiving? I'd have a nervous collapses, so glad you instead had laughter and love that about the Holidays.
    Dana we have a chimney sweep in every year and no mess, no muss, no fuss.
    Michele thanks for the loom link... now that looks like a craft I could do! :) Miracle whip only belongs on bologna sandwiches on white bread... and not in MY mouth. ;) Like Joan Rivers said of Elizabeth Taylor, I could put Best Foods on aspirin ;)
    SueBDew "Christmas sweater" LOL As for your no longer needed career clothes, is there a Dress for Success near you? https://dressforsuccess.org/
    Lisa "I did not wear pajamas..." ??? So John is going to be a Raccoon? Coos Bay campus is beautiful and bigger than I expected a Community College's to be. OSU has marvelous programs. Well done, John!

Welcome Janet in E.MO and Carole in NC,

Too sleepy to think of my gratitudes, so 'til tomorrow...

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 18/28, 60 g protein 21/28, rx/vits 21/28, meditate 22/28, knee exercises 23/28, SWSY UP 4/8, SWSY LOW 3/8, core 4/8, play with Tumble 11/28, hang up or purge art 1/4 AF 21/28.

I’m here for ya babe 😎
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    whirlwind this morning~
    took 3 dogs to the groomer that was a feat in itself..lol then went to visit my DD and DGD she set me straight that I have to get on the attorney to get this done.. she works for a paralegal and can get the pay off letter today where our attorney says well it will be at least 7 business days.. well ya know what all this cra-- should have been done a long time ago and they dont care so long as they get paid, but both the buyer and I do as there are timelines and things that just cost us more money..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    29 Family member/friend ... my husband is always at the top of my list ... but today I'm especially grateful for my Mom. She's 87 years old in debilitating pain with osteoporosis. Has very limited mobility. Both she and my Dad (soon to be 90) live about 4 hours from me (which annoys me to no end). Because phone conversations with deaf and hard of hearing people is near impossible, I gave my mom an iPad so she could FaceTime and "text." She claimed she wouldn't know what to do with it, but just the opposite is true. Although she hasn't figured out the FaceTime feature yet, she sends me frequent and hilarious texts with multiple emojis! I'm so very thankful to still have my mother in my life and love the fact that she's embracing what she considers ridiculous technology!

Beth

Wow I'm totally impressed that your nom has taken so enthusiastically to her tablet. I now have only three older sisters living and NOT ONE of them will touch anything electronic and I miss them and the closeness we used to share. :(

I think I will post your dust meme all around my home. !!!

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.the seven unexpected guests were Jack's three kids, two spouses and two of the grandkids, all family. No stressing here . I LOVE big noisy family holidays. Being the youngest of six girls, big loud family is the definition of holidays for me <3

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Good day.
    Met my Portsmouth friend at the station. We rejected the first restaurant because of the loud music and strange seating and went to the one I had been to on my birthday last year. No music. :D
    I had 6 oysters and a vegan dahl thing. Both delicious. My friend had squid and plaice.
    We wandered about, trying on clothes and I eventually bought a long, furry, grey cardigan. Very warm and not wool.
    I came back on the bus and dropped into the Asian shop and bought a big bag of frozen Tilapia. Cheap!!!! He gave me a discount because he said he was trying to encourage English people.
    Now home and going to just heat up a chilli for dinner. With broccoli. Knackered!!!
    DH seems to be thinking that we should cancel the spring cruise. He will be missing a lot of cricket!!!!!! Plus another cricket date is moving to the Isle of Wight!!!!!!! He is not happy. :#:s You have to get a boat to the island and it's not cheap. Grrrrrrr!
    We will ponder a bit longer.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX