Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• JenObRNJenObRN Member Posts: 102 Member Member Posts: 102 Member
    30 minutes on bike, 30 minutes rowing.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,565 Member Member Posts: 1,565 Member
    Told myself I'd wear the HRM today and see how the row went and base the amount of meters/time on that. Ended up doing 5K only. HR was way too high relative to pace. 2:22 pace @ 20 SPM but HR was nearing 160 and sometimes over it at the end -- way too high for that workout. So I finished with 25 minutes on the Assault Bike, very easy.

@ Ann -- I think the 2K TT and the 7 X 1'/70" rest took such a toll on me that I'm still feeling the effects, so I can relate to your 2K TT avoidance. No sense in pushing things if you don't have to. You're getting in tons of SS, just like you should be doing in the offseason and getting just enough fast work in to keep what you have.
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 431 Member Member, Premium Posts: 431 Member
    I did 90 minutes bouldering.
    I sent nearly everything. It was very good. I got 4 or 5 long term projects. This was one of my best sessions.
  • BrownSugar174BrownSugar174 Member Posts: 297 Member Member Posts: 297 Member
    No workout today. Our daughter flew in from college and we are enjoying our day. I am overjoyed to see her and I know what happens when I’m that happy...I eat more! I decided to go over on my calories by no more than 500 calories because I wanted a little more pasta (today is our pasta dinner night). I also worked my butt off for the last three days to balance out my calories. Tomorrow my hubby, my daughter and I are hitting the gym tomorrow and I plan to kick butt on that elliptical machine, get a good weight workout in and cool down. 👍🏽. This is what I really love about MFP because you can make choices and still balance things out.
  • medusascirclemedusascircle Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    3 mile run + 1 mile walk in the morning then after work gym, 3 more miles run + 1/2 mile walk
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 15,589 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,589 Member
    Thursday, so spin class, 53 minutes, mostly Z3.

And not Christmas yet, so another 9,774 rowing machine meters, the 2x2k work pieces at 2:29.6, 21spm; overall workout with cool-down and such 55 minutes, 24% Z4, 56% Z3, rest lower.

One more Garmin intensity minute, and I'll be at 600 for the week (with days left to go), 4x the commonly recommended 150 per week. That's nothing compared to the marathon trainers and triathletes around here, but I think I'm doing OK for a li'l ol' lady, age 64.

@MikePfirrman, I don't train anymore. I row for fun, mostly, and for health as a side effect. The Winter rowing machine work helps me avoid starting from almost zero every Spring. I try to do the Holiday Challenge (body problems allowing) each year to boot me out of sluggish denial that on-water rowing is over for another year, and into that Winter maintenance mode. I'm doing SS work now, because if I don't, I won't get those meters in, especially this year (Thanksgiving so late!): Intensity is fatiguing. I don't have to ever do a 2k TT ever again, so I probably won't. ;) Volume's going to drop a bunch in a week or so. :lol: Best wishes to all of you you who have racing aspirations, and who train accordingly! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Member Posts: 251 Member Member Posts: 251 Member
    Active rest... 45 min stretching, 45 min ocean swim
  • jhanleybrownjhanleybrown Member Posts: 229 Member Member Posts: 229 Member
    Good couple of days of spinning. Z4/5 intervals yesterday. Z3 intervals today. All hardish as I recently upped my FTP which shifted output up for all zones.

Had a bad two days of cals in (one where I broke no alcohol diet at a holiday party and went a little overboard). Back on track for last two days. Will weigh in tomorrow to see where things are at.
    edited December 2019
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,565 Member Member Posts: 1,565 Member
    30 on the rower (2:25 or so, really slow -- did a nicer job today of controlling HR), then 25 on the AD Pro Bike.
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Erging this afternoon. 3x20' 2 min rest. Remarkably steady in terms of my splits: 2:12.8, 2:12.1, 2:12.5 which is funny because I wasn't actually trying to do that. My primary goal for the last two intervals was row at least 4,500m per interval for the sake of the Holiday Challenge.
    edited December 2019
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 15,589 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,589 Member
    No surprise Friday: 9,713m rowing machine. The "real" workout, in which I was trying to rate-cap at 20spm and get at least 10m per stroke, was the normal 4 x 2k:
    xdsnq5k8ho8i.jpg
    And this is how hard it was (or wasn't :lol:):
    ixhkdgylm8qw.png

Only need 13,720m minimum in the next 4 days, which should be easy peasy as long as I don't get run over by a bus or something. ;)

30 min wake-up stretches/warm-up
    30 min stretch/warm-up/cardio, activation at gym
    5 min elliptical
    90 min strength training (I'm tired now!)
    15 min cool down stretching

Spa....!
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Erging because of dock maintenance and a ton of rain. Around 14,300m including warming up and cooling down. 12,102m until I finish the Holiday Challenge.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,941 Member Member Posts: 1,941 Member
    I haven't posted on this board for awhile but I have been working out every day...

Today 12/21: 140 push ups (40 20 20 20 20 20) and walking for 65 min in the beautiful sunshine with a pulled hamstring! ....now on ice!
  • goatggoatg Member, Premium Posts: 1,401 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited December 2019
  • soniasharma2soniasharma2 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Football field:

100 yrds each:
    walking lunges
    bear crawl
    burpee/broad jum
    squat broad jump
    side plank walk
    lunge hop

Finish with 15 min stair run
  • jlhalley7835jlhalley7835 Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    swqou95lxzcq.png

8x8 volume training, chest and back today. It is my first week doing this type of training and it is nice to be sore again! Substituted dumbbell incline press for a barbell incline press, to help out an nagging pain in my forearm.

i also added

3 sets x 10 Reps of Face Pulls and Trap Pulls at the end of the workout.
    30 min stretch, 45 min ocean swim... active rest day...
  • Mark_C81Mark_C81 Member Posts: 137 Member Member Posts: 137 Member