What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Keebler Grasshoppers are better than Girl Scout thin mint cookies.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ketchup is gross
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    steveko89 wrote: »
    - Granny Smith > any other apple variety... fight me.

Honeycrisp is the best apple. Once you try one, you wont go back to other apples.

Those are pretty good. The only apples I don't like are the really mushy ones and the crazy tart ones.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    The only apples I like are MacIntosh and only in the fall when they’re right off the trees.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    smolmaus wrote: »
    Bread is overrated. I'm shocked at the number of people in some of the GF groups I'm in who eat gluten -- despite being GF on medical orders -- for *bread*.

This is the stupidest thing. I can understand taking the hit for like, fried chicken (I can hardly ever find GF fried chicken anywhere and it kills me) or like fancy patisserie but bread?

Black breakfast tea is gross murky leaf-water and I don't understand how anyone enjoys it. Green tea is no better, its just less-burnt leaf water you can't even add milk and sugar to to make it taste less like tea. God help me I have tried but life is too short.

-Parsnips taste like dirt. They're carrots with no soul left. Carrot-ghouls that hide in soup pretending to be potato.
    -If red meat isn't still bleeding it's ruined.
    -Chicken breast is a terrible cut of meat usually cooked to death, thighs being cheaper makes no sense when they're twice as delicious (not complaining tho).
    -Salmon should never ever be cooked, only smoked. Dried out salmon fillets covered in white goop are a crime.
    -Sweet chilli sauce is disgusting.
    -Sandwiches are a terrible lunch option, just find a fork and eat the fillings, that's the good part. The bread is a waste of calories.

I'm thankful to find so many people who agree with me on starbucks tho. HOW is it so popular when its so bad?

Totally agreeing about chicken breasts. They are awful and boring and there are so many better options for chicken.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    The only apples I like are MacIntosh and only in the fall when they’re right off the trees.

*fistbump*

MacIntosh, and even then, only if Empires aren't available. No other apple is worth eating.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Coconut water is gross.

Absolutely!!
  • martaindale
    Options
    admaarie wrote: »
    Although many people hate it, I actually don’t mind orange juice with pulp. I prefer orange juice over apple as well.

“Ethnic food” (any and every kind) is so much better than standardized American food (burgers, fries)

Wendy’s is so much better taste wise than McDonald’s

McFlurrys are overhyped and never made properly

Hawaiian and Greek pizzas are the best toppings.

Orange juice with pulp >>> than without pulp!!

But have you tried Whataburger??

Also, you are crazy...Hawaiian pizza is gross! :smile:
  • martaindale
    Options
    S'mores really aren't very good. I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Marshmallow anything is pretty bad, though oddly enough, I like a marshmallow or two by itself every now and then.

I heart s'mores! Warm, melty chocolate and gooey marshmallow...mmmmm! But marshmallows at room temp are blegh.
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I hate garlic.

Me too, but it also gives me bad GI problems like raw onions,

I know that I am weird but my weirdness saves me a lot of calories and I like myself.

I definitely have an intolerance to peppers and tomatoes despite loving them. They rip my insides to shreds and garlic on my skin will cause a rash. I’ve heard of something called a nightshade intolerance but have never been allergy tested for anything.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options

*fistbump*

MacIntosh, and even then, only if Empires aren't available. No other apple is worth eating.

No way, Golden delicious all the way! 😋