Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• alexmose2alexmose2 Member Posts: 161 Member Member Posts: 161 Member
    I just think the amount of sugar in apples, grapes, mangos, pineapple, etc. is just a little much... even if they do have fiber :#
    4gseys81rfvo.png

this is a super large apple
  • yellowblanket11yellowblanket11 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    I detest anything maple flavored. Will not touch syrup. Hate maple scented candles.
  • g2renewg2renew Member Posts: 124 Member Member Posts: 124 Member
    I like almost every food! Yep-includes brussels sprouts, uni, poke, anchovies, etc. It is the way in which they are prepared that makes a food 'unlikable' to me. So for example, green beans roasted with sesame oil/seeds and soy sauce or aminos are yummy, but boiled---not so much! Sweet peas are awesome raw or frozen/thawed, but I have not found a split pea soup that I can stomach----yet!
  • MaggieGirl135MaggieGirl135 Member Posts: 365 Member Member Posts: 365 Member
    @g2renew I’ve only used the recipe for split pea soup from The Joy of Cooking. Beyond delicious! Even my kids loved it. Of course, it is green colored and sadly, my kids would refer to it as horse vomit. Oh, are we having horse vomit tonight? Always the comedians. As an aside, I don’t think anyone in my family has actually has seen horse vomit.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,681 Member Member Posts: 9,681 Member
    I detest anything maple flavored. Will not touch syrup. Hate maple scented candles.

I don't like maple syrup (or any syrup for that matter) on waffles or pancakes. I'd rather just have plain or w/ a nut butter or pb.
  • g2renewg2renew Member Posts: 124 Member Member Posts: 124 Member
    @Maggiegirl135 and @AnnPT77 LOL I will try the recipe from The Joy of Cooking and keep you both posted :smile: .

BTW: I have heard of a restaurant 'up north' whose entire menu is only split pea soup-different mix-ins and toppings- so there has to be a version out there that I will like! :wink:
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,311 Member Member Posts: 7,311 Member
    You can get all the protein a body needs without eating animals. I am putting this out there, even though I am NOT vegetarian.
    Here we go! Everyone pile on now!

Yes, of course.
  • MlleKellyMlleKelly Member Posts: 356 Member Member Posts: 356 Member
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

And bacon ruins everything it touches.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 5,341 Member Member Posts: 5,341 Member
    MlleKelly wrote: »
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

Now THAT’s unpopular!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,665 Member Member Posts: 1,665 Member
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

Now THAT’s unpopular!

Bacon is a vile, horrid absolutely foul gross abomination
  • ccrdragonccrdragon Member Posts: 2,981 Member Member Posts: 2,981 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

Now THAT’s unpopular!

Heretic!!!!
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,078 Member Member Posts: 6,078 Member
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

Now THAT’s unpopular!

I know you are vegan, but I am curious to why you think this. bacon is no different than any other cut of meat, really.
  • meeppeepneepmeeppeepneep Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    @pancakerunner For me it's the smell. Generally I don't have a problem with the smell of meat, but but it's not the same for the smell of pig meat. I can tolerate most other cuts, but I can't even smile my way through the smell of bacon.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,681 Member Member Posts: 9,681 Member
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

Now THAT’s unpopular!

I'm team 'NOOOOOO bacon'....even when I ate meat as a kid - bacon was always made for the rest of family - I hated it...along with hamburgers - I'd try to avoid meat as much as I could lol
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,665 Member Member Posts: 1,665 Member
    @pancakerunner For me it's the smell. Generally I don't have a problem with the smell of meat, but but it's not the same for the smell of pig meat. I can tolerate most other cuts, but I can't even smile my way through the smell of bacon.

I just have vivid memories of my great grandma frying bacon in lard and the crunchy part was good then but fatty part was rubber death ..not to mention that side ended up with colon and other cancers. Plus it makes me *kitten* to even think to eat a pig.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,651 Member Member Posts: 6,651 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    I. Hate. Potatoes!!!

Now THAT’s unpopular!

I'm team 'NOOOOOO bacon'....even when I ate meat as a kid - bacon was always made for the rest of family - I hated it...along with hamburgers - I'd try to avoid meat as much as I could lol

I’m not a fan of bacon either. Even as a kid all my friends were obsessed with it and I always hated it. I am just not a fan of fatty meat and it makes me feel sick. I haven’t had real bacon in like 15 years. I love the smell of it though. I don’t really care for bacon flavored things either.
  • OlafiinaOlafiina Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    I have a super controversial opinion, One I've literally never met another soul who agrees with me. I. Hate. Pasta. There's a small amount I can stomach if I have no other option, but pasta/noodles are dead last on my food hierarchy. I've tried fresh, homemade. Different kinds of sauces, soups...No I just really hate something about pasta, Always have.
    Ironically I'm not a picky eater, I love all kinds of oddities and weird things. But I draw the line at pasta that is universally adored :D

Gnocchi is surprisingly fine though, Even if that's closer to the dumpling family.