Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,078 Member Member Posts: 6,078 Member
    Going to get a lot of flak for this, but I think apples and grapes are more unhealthy than they are healthy
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 9,675 Member Member Posts: 9,675 Member
    Going to get a lot of flak for this, but I think apples and grapes are more unhealthy than they are healthy

I'm sure there are better options regarding fruit 'health' wise - am curious what makes you think apples and grapes are 'unhealthy'?

I rarely even eat fruit - just not my thing. I actually prefer vegetables for sure😉
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,665 Member Member Posts: 1,665 Member

I think it depends but over all for me grapes are ok if it's maybe 4 or 5. Apples I think are ok if they don't upset your stomach. It is really relative though for each person and where they are. I used to eat a ton of apples when I was much younger and a marathon runner but now I feel sick if I eat a whole apple.

I think that any meat consumed by average American is more detrimental and unhealthy because we are not the same as our ancestors plus the animals are much differently raised
    . Don't get me started on factory farms...
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,648 Member Member Posts: 6,648 Member
    On that note...

I really dislike crunchy raw apples. I don't hate them, but would never have them unless there was absolutely nothing else to eat. I only like them cooked.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 6,078 Member Member Posts: 6,078 Member
    I just think the amount of sugar in apples, grapes, mangos, pineapple, etc. is just a little much... even if they do have fiber :#
    4gseys81rfvo.png
    On that note...

I really dislike crunchy raw apples. I don't hate them, but would never have them unless there was absolutely nothing else to eat. I only like them cooked.

Ha....I'm the complete opposite for sure! The only apple I'd ever consume HAS to be very very crunchy....and I absolutely hate cooked apple 'anything' (bla to apple pie/baked apples, etc., ) Oh my...we're all so different! Love it🤣
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 5,341 Member Member Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes we are different. I love raw apples, baked apples, “fried” apples. But applesauce is one of those foods I refuse to eat. Ever.
  • Godlord1488Godlord1488 Member Posts: 37 Member Member Posts: 37 Member
    idc how calorie low a strawberry is, unless its wild picked, its the food of the devil.
    black licorice as in all kinds is a gift from the gods and is fully underrated by you yanks.

💗💗💗black licorice...
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,311 Member Member Posts: 7,311 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    On that note...

Ha....I'm the complete opposite for sure! The only apple I'd ever consume HAS to be very very crunchy....and I absolutely hate cooked apple 'anything' (bla to apple pie/baked apples, etc., ) Oh my...we're all so different! Love it🤣

I'm in the middle -- I like both crunchy raw apples (raw ones must be crunchy), but I also like them cooked (both in apple pie or other dessert format or as a side dish with something like a pork chop (with onions and sauerkraut).
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,311 Member Member Posts: 7,311 Member
    Black licorice is terrible. You can have all of mine!

Local, in-season strawberries are wonderful. I am once again trying to grow my own, but I love going to the farmer's market and trying all the different varieties, although this year you can't really do that. I will buy various different ones, though.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,300 Member Member Posts: 2,300 Member
    You can get all the protein a body needs without eating animals. I am putting this out there, even though I am NOT vegetarian.
    Here we go! Everyone pile on now!

I wouldn't expect anyone to pile on. Most people here would agree with that.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 20,347 Member Member, Premium Posts: 20,347 Member
    Duplicate post.
    edited May 13
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,300 Member Member Posts: 2,300 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    "Chocolatey" on a food product's front label is a sign that it's likely to be sub-standard in tastiness.

Also, anything with "melty cheese".
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,648 Member Member Posts: 6,648 Member
    You can get all the protein a body needs without eating animals. I am putting this out there, even though I am NOT vegetarian.

I hate how when I say I barely eat meat my family are all “but where do you get your protein”!? I get over 70g of vegan protein a day easily!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,665 Member Member Posts: 1,665 Member

I hate how when I say I barely eat meat my family are all “but where do you get your protein”!? I get over 70g of vegan protein a day easily!

Yup. I get over 100 most days as a vegan