What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    My husband makes peanut butter and bologna sandwiches.

Grits do not belong in fusion foods.

I will not eat chitterlings, maws, pig feet, pizelles, or chicken feet. I don't care what a local delicacy they are, no.

Poached or runny eggs are food poisoning in waiting to me. So is *gasp* rare steak.

Kale is delicious, except for kale chips. Those are just dead leaves.

Wait, what's a pizzelle to you? To an Italian like me, it's this:

<snip image of yummy pizzelle>

I'm thinking maybe pizzle, in context of the sentence. Yes, humans sometimes eat those, apparently.

Vegetarianism saves me from trying many scary things.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I will not eat chitterlings, maws, pig feet, pizelles, or chicken feet. I don't care what a local delicacy they are, no.

Poached or runny eggs are food poisoning in waiting to me. So is *gasp* rare steak.

I'm thinking maybe pizzle, in context of the sentence. Yes, humans sometimes eat those, apparently.

Yes you're right. Beef pizzle.

Dang autocorrect.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options

324-3-large.jpg

Not those. Those are great.
    I meant like beef pizzle.
    Autocorrect strikes again.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options
    Whose idea was it to put bell peppers into crab cakes? They take over so all I taste is bell pepper. I want crab, not bell pepper!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    JBApplebee wrote: »
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Pepsi Max is the best of all diet sodas. Also- greek yogurt tastes exactly like spoiled milk (gosh that ones really been weighing on me).

I'm right there with you on the Pepsi Max. No other diet pop even comes close (although I do like Diet Dr. Pepper). Here's mine. Pumpkin anything tastes like *kitten*, coffee, wine & beer are disgusting. I love Fireball.

For those of you who don't like kit-kats or reeses cups, have you tried the dark chocolate versions? That's the best versions of those candies.

I definitely prefer Pepsi Max over Diet Pepsi.

Diet Mountain Dew I find sweeter than regular Mountain Dew.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

My coworker the other day took American Cheese & put peanut butter on it. I was a bit horrified & intrigued :D.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options

My coworker the other day took American Cheese & put peanut butter on it. I was a bit horrified & intrigued :D.

Cheese and peanut butter? That's just weird. Plus a major choking hazard. Hope other coworkers know the Heimlich maneuver.
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I’m “eh” about pizza
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

I do that too. Rice cake, spread a little bit of PB, and add a slice of Swiss cheese. Delicioso!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Yes you're right. Beef pizzle.

Dang autocorrect.

Do I even want to know what a beef pizzle is? From what it sounds like, I think I don't.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited December 2018
    Options

My cousin used to do that. And then she'd add pickles.
  • siobhanmcafee
    siobhanmcafee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not disgusted by raw eggs (((shrug)))
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am not disgusted by raw eggs (((shrug)))

They protect you from bad luck; if you eat a couple of raw eggs first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen to you all day long. :laugh:

I have been known to order them "runny side up" and mix them into grits. I haven't done that in a while; where I did that was Waffle House and the grits are full of butter and eggs are cooked in a buttery oil lining the pan thick enough that here is some in/on the eggs. That might qualify as an unusual food I like, though I haven't had it in some time.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Nearly vomiting just reading about this...
    Reminds me of the nastiness of my mother dipping cheetos in butter & uncooked chef Boyardee
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

Nearly vomiting just reading about this...
    Reminds me of the nastiness of my mother dipping cheetos in butter & uncooked chef Boyardee

I have had uncooked (really just not rewarmed; all their canned stuff is cooked) Chef Boyardee many times as an easy to carry small filling waterproof lunch on paddle trips. Cheese ravioli is usually what I get for that; it's extra filling and spill proof (you can turn the can upside down and usually nothing will fall out or drip). This is not one of my favorite foods, but it doesn't disappoint me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I love mixing a sunnyside-up egg into oats, I'll add some cooked veg and feta too, but the yoke mixing in is key to the dish.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    mbro254 wrote: »
    aspartame is not the devil and coke zero rocks my world
    Pepsi tastes like regret
    Cheese and ice cream are a little overrated (not Brie tho)
    nuts as a snack option are seriously overrated and a bad idea (for me at least lol)

Pepsi > Coke

Nuts are a bad idea for me because IBS. I miss them.