Anybody else get tired of counting calories?

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    At first I found it a chore, but I am inherently lazy so I find most things a chore. Now it is just part of my day. I log religiously at home and do my best at guessing when I go out to eat. Nothing is unaccounted for. I think the more you do it, and the more you see how it really works, the easier it is.
  • Cheeseandcats
    Cheeseandcats Posts: 143 Member
    zyxst wrote: »
    Kaykoshke wrote: »
    I mean, sure. It sucks that I'll have to do this the rest of my life but you know what sucks more? Being obese/out of shape/out of breath all the time/not actually living life.

I actually had better quality of life at 320# than I do at 141#. At least people didn't tell me I have an ED because I log food.

That makes me really sad. I'm in awe of your dedication but I'm sorry that you have to deal with rude comments.
  • cartersmom06
    cartersmom06 Posts: 68 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Nope - been doing this for 4 years now. Takes 5-10 mins/day and keeps me maintaining possibly the most critically important health indicator.

I'd rather do that than not track and fail.

You're looking for something easier than 10 mins/day?

Its not 10 mins a day because i dont eat the same things every day. I dont plan out my meals, I eat when im hungry.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited November 2018
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Nope - been doing this for 4 years now. Takes 5-10 mins/day and keeps me maintaining possibly the most critically important health indicator.

I'd rather do that than not track and fail.

You're looking for something easier than 10 mins/day?

Its not 10 mins a day because i dont eat the same things every day. I dont plan out my meals, I eat when im hungry.

so do i and it still probably takes less than 15 minutes i day - i eat roughly the same/similar foods - but different time periods/amounts - those are saved in my frequent foods; if its new (or something that has fallen off my frequents) i search for it and rarely take more than about a minute to find it (the more specific in your searches you can be helps - ie. strawberry greek yogurt vs. simply balanced, greek yogurt, strawberry, 5.3oz)

my food diary is broken up into time periods (0400-0800; 0800-1200; 12-1600 etc)