Weight gain at 1400 a day

Options
12346»

Replies

• mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    To the OP - based on what others have written about your diary, I echo the other poster who suggested you cook your own meals from scratch.
    Do you have access to a fridge, freezer and a basic cooker? That’s really the main precondition. Everyone can find time to prepare meals, and everyone can learn how to cook. Everyone can learn how to count calories (and there’s a lots of posts in this forum to help you with that). If you were fully in control of your meals, you would be able to identify a meal plan that is enabling you to feel more satisfied and still lose weight.
    I’m a 5’5 relatively light woman who went from 185 to 139-ish lbs by eating about 1800 calories a day. If you were really eating 1400 calories on average per day, you’d be melting fast. Some of your effort to succeed at this needs to go towards understanding - and managing- your calories in better.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    OP, assuming you are still reading, do you have any thoughts or a plan?

I think some people are way over-complicating it, so I hope that's not making things more stressful.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Get your hormones checked to see if there's a health issue. An AVERAGE male should easily eat 1400 calories and lose weight. Even if he only weighed 180lbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
This discussion has been closed.