Help! Losing inches off boobs not lower belly/thighs despite doing lower body workouts!Any advice?

Options
1235»

Replies

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    😂 Magic definitely magic. She’s a wizard Harry!

Clown comments are always helpful lol

Oh my bad, definitely eat LOTS of fiber for your boobs, that should do the trick. :D and don't forget to wash it down with apple cider vinegar too preferably after a large glass of milk.

So all I had to do was eat less fiber when losing and I wouldn't have needed that painful reduction?

I predict a huge jump in metamucil stocks when this news gets out. Time to buy!

I wonder if there would be benefits to the transgender community, too? Increased fiber intake rather than estrogen blockers... Big pharma is going to hate that.

With all the fiber I eat, I should put Dolly Parton to shame by now! :D

And vice versa, with how much I struggle to get all of my fiber, I *really* shouldn't still be an owner of 34DDs.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Oh my bad, definitely eat LOTS of fiber for your boobs, that should do the trick. :D and don't forget to wash it down with apple cider vinegar too preferably after a large glass of milk.

So all I had to do was eat less fiber when losing and I wouldn't have needed that painful reduction?

I wonder if there would be benefits to the transgender community, too? Increased fiber intake rather than estrogen blockers... Big pharma is going to hate that.

And vice versa, with how much I struggle to get all of my fiber, I *really* shouldn't still be an owner of 34DDs.

I would be thrilled if I lose enough to get down to a 34DD. It would make bra shopping so much easier (and cheaper). I guess I better decrease my fibre. :lol:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I would be thrilled if I lose enough to get down to a 34DD. It would make bra shopping so much easier (and cheaper). I guess I better decrease my fibre. :lol:

I do find clothes shopping easier than the days of 38D.

Although bra shopping is just as much of a PITA, because it turns out that you're not expected to have a narrow band size and an OMG BOOBS cup size.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options

I dunno, is fiber supposed to affect cup size, band size, or both?

In all seriousness, I didn’t lose any cup sizes until I was really close to my goal. I only lost band sizes at first. I assume I was losing fat proportionally in my breasts and around my rib cage, so the cups stayed the same until my last 15 pounds or so. If you’re still losing fat, hang in there—it might happen.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I do find clothes shopping easier than the days of 38D.

Although bra shopping is just as much of a PITA, because it turns out that you're not expected to have a narrow band size and an OMG BOOBS cup size.

Even when I was in the DDDs it was easier than being a G. Fortunately, those bras are getting too big, but not enough so that I can buy a semi-normal size. Ugh, I hope another 30lbs will make the difference. Although I'm a little concerned about how far down my abdomen they will be hanging, but there's always surgery.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    apullum wrote: »

I dunno, is fiber supposed to affect cup size, band size, or both?

In all seriousness, I didn’t lose any cup sizes until I was really close to my goal. I only lost band sizes at first. I assume I was losing fat proportionally in my breasts and around my rib cage, so the cups stayed the same until my last 15 pounds or so. If you’re still losing fat, hang in there—it might happen.

Definitely been getting smaller. So yay! Still a bit to go. I guess I'll see as I get closer.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with a 32D?
    Do you keep track of your blood sugar?
    High insulin levels will take your calories and deposit them as fat on your body, even if you eat low cals and loads of fiber.
    Fat distribution is hormonally directed.
    Metabolism = hormones
    I'm not here to accept an assignment from you, do your own research.
    Incorrect again. There is no net fat storage anywhere on your body when you are in a caloric deficit. No matter what kind of garbage people like Fung want to claim. The insulin theory of obesity has been scientifically shot to pieces, it's a myth.

So as it applies to the OP, eating fiber and/or influencing insulin levels will have nothing whatsoever to do with her goals. What she's trying to do can't be accomplished any way other than plastic surgery, despite what the Kardashians may lead people to believe.

https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/energy-balance-myths/
    "Energy balance myths: Why you can gain fat in a deficit"

LOL. Did you even read all the way through what you linked to??? Or was that just the first result when you Googled “gain fat in deficit”?

:D
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    What is wrong with a 32D?
    Do you keep track of your blood sugar?
    High insulin levels will take your calories and deposit them as fat on your body, even if you eat low cals and loads of fiber.
    Fat distribution is hormonally directed.
    Metabolism = hormones
    I'm not here to accept an assignment from you, do your own research.
    Incorrect again. There is no net fat storage anywhere on your body when you are in a caloric deficit. No matter what kind of garbage people like Fung want to claim. The insulin theory of obesity has been scientifically shot to pieces, it's a myth.

So as it applies to the OP, eating fiber and/or influencing insulin levels will have nothing whatsoever to do with her goals. What she's trying to do can't be accomplished any way other than plastic surgery, despite what the Kardashians may lead people to believe.

https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/energy-balance-myths/
    "Energy balance myths: Why you can gain fat in a deficit"

What do you think you just linked to?

Please show the link to an actual study not just some one typing their own thou

Actually not a terrible article, at the link. Completely unrelated to the point it's supposed to prove IMO, though. ;)

OP wants to retain fat and lose fat at the same time, in a desired pattern that may not be her genetic predisposition. PP argues that fiber will somehow do hormonal magic, and result in loss of central fat with retention of fatty tissue in the breast, because estrogen (I guess; it was hard to follow).

Article headline is clickbait; actual article describes something not exactly matching headline. Neither headline, nor article, supports breast fat/body fat/fiber/estrogen hypothesis.

I'm betting on the plastic surgery hypothesis, myself. Also, I can't imagine why anyone would want to be like a Kardashian in any way, except possibly rich (if one could do it more ethically). But I'm old, so what do I know.

I was answering back to hammerhead or anvilhead or whoever he is.
    He said "There is no net fat storage anywhere on your body when you are in a caloric deficit."
    So the article is an answer to that.

Except it kind of doesn't. And it's just some guys opinion, not proof of anything. And I'll copy and paste the About the Author:

Menno Henselmans
    Formerly a business consultant, I've traded my company car to follow my passion in strength training. I'm now an online physique coach, scientist and international public speaker with the mission to help serious trainees master their physique.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well I can say when I was 140 lbs my boobs were the same size at 209 lbs. the only thing that changed with gaining weight and losing weight was band size cause I gained back fat when I gained. when I lost I lost the back fat. Im on a higher fiber diet, my boobs are still the same size. so fiber hasnt helped me out in anyway. oh and as for belly fat its one of the last 3 places I lose,so still losing there as well as in my hips and thighs. fiber hasnt helped with those things either.

Fiber has helped bring my cholesterol down along with my low fat,low cholesterol diet and medication. but its taken me 5 years and still going and I still have a little belly fat,thigh fat to go. its coming off but it has nothing to do with the fiber. if you gain weight your boobs will grow IF they are mostly fat tissue. if they are whats called dense breast Like I have they may grow very little if any with weight gain. with weight loss you may lose some but if you are like me you wont lose any size. Im wearing the same size bras I was when I was a teen.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    1. Play Nice
    I WILL:
    • I will be respectful and understand that everyone is different. Some members are new to this, so be kind to the newbies.
    • I will remember the human on the other side of the screen.
    • I will share my opinions while respecting others' thoughts and feelings as well.
    • I will be ready to hear and accept other opinions that I might not always agree with.
    • I will ignore users.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t be a jerk.
    • I will not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. I can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but I cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the member’s spelling or command of written English, belittling a member for posting a duplicate discussion, or attacking a member for posting in an older discussion. (ie. It’s lose not loose, strong first post, didn’t you already post this today, etc.) Not every member has the same level of education, so I’ll refrain from criticizing a member for not framing their content in a manner befitting a university-level science paper.
    • I won’t pick apart how something is said; I will focus on the meaning/message.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    kgeyser
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.