12/17 - 13.1 miles
    12/18 - 0KM
    12/19 - 8 miles
    12/20 - 7.5 rainy miles.

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    So, I did not want to run. It was cold. It was raining. I was tired. It was a Thursday. I heard a rumor that the price of tea in China went up- BUT I WENT ANWAYS. Only had time for a short run (FOR ME). It was rough cause I was tired, it was uphill (both ways) and it was raining. And cold. and it got dark. And of course, I was worried about the price of tea in China.

Anyways. On the way back I saw something moving in the dark (I stupidly left all lights at home and there are no street lights) that it took me a bit to figure out were deer.

My dudes, I almost got runned over by deer. Do they not know I AM NOT A GRANDMA?!?!? Sheesh.

I've just introduced my kids to that song bahaha
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Do you guys get snoopys Christmas in the states? It's a kiwi staple, doesn't feel like Christmas till its been played
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Running

Dec 02 - 21.1 km Carman’s Women’s Half Marathon. 2:08:08.6
    -
    -
    Dec 04 – 07.0 km
    -
    Dec 06 – 10.0 km
    Dec 07 – 07.0 km
    -
    Dec 09 – 12.0 km
    -
    Dec 11 – 11.7 km
    Dec 12 – 10.0 km
    -
    -
    Dec 15 – 05.1 km 27:31 + 01.1 km warmup
    Dec 16 – 10.0 km
    -
    -
    -
    Dec 20 – 02.0 km

I had to cut Sunday's run short at 10 km due to soreness in my ankle / either side of the heel and maybe the Achilles. I started feeling it again yesterday after about 1 km so finished at 2 km.
    @eleanorhawkins @ContraryMaryMary I'm with you. Feeling positive about swimming instead for a while.

Swimming

Dec 18 - 1000 metres
    Dec 19 - 1000 metres PB
    -
    Dec 21 - 1200 metres

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Do you guys get snoopys Christmas in the states? It's a kiwi staple, doesn't feel like Christmas till its been played

This?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hWZGIWe_U
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    So, I did not want to run. It was cold. It was raining. I was tired. It was a Thursday. I heard a rumor that the price of tea in China went up- BUT I WENT ANWAYS. Only had time for a short run (FOR ME). It was rough cause I was tired, it was uphill (both ways) and it was raining. And cold. and it got dark. And of course, I was worried about the price of tea in China.

Anyways. On the way back I saw something moving in the dark (I stupidly left all lights at home and there are no street lights) that it took me a bit to figure out were deer.

My dudes, I almost got runned over by deer. Do they not know I AM NOT A GRANDMA?!?!? Sheesh.

Tea prices have been able to resist the upward push so far, but who knows what will happen during Spring Festival?

Deer probably couldn't tell because you weren't wearing reflective gear man.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »

Tea prices have been able to resist the upward push so far, but who knows what will happen during Spring Festival?

Deer probably couldn't tell because you weren't wearing reflective gear man.

Oh good! Great to hear! LOL sometimes I forget just how international this forum is. I mean we all talk...errr write pretty good English.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

You mean the Charlie Brown Christmas special? If so, then yes, it’s totally a thing here. Possibly even more so where I live (Minnesota) because Schultz was from here.

LadySaton wrote: »
    I am currently wondering if Billy Blanks’ taebo dvds can count as some sort of cross training. My muscles are definitely crazy sore over it. I took my forced days off of running to do a little strength training, which I’m horrible about keeping at despite wanting to be strong. Like, throw my husband out of a window strong. In case he is unconscious in a fire or something, totally not in case he eats my last pint of ice cream again. I might get to run tomorrow as he has an earlier flight than expected. 🤞🏻

@MegaMooseEsq Hah, we are stuck with the same rule here. I really want to buy Dead of Winter, too, so it’s super annoying. We are down to two games left unplayed though. Stone Age (which no one ever wants to play but me) and Ticket to Ride (I’ve played it plenty, but the copy I bought to play with my husband is unopened). We used to have a rule that all the games had to fit in the gaming cabinet, but now the excess are in the entry closet and I-think-I’m-addicted-and-no-one-will-stop-me-help. This is a common problem I have found with fellow tabletop gamers. 🤣

ETA, I passed on the information about the Legacy version to the couple we play with and they are going to pass the info on to the people who introduced them to the game. 😁

Ug, the only time I played Dead of Winter I had the most disastrous bad luck anyone I was playing with had ever seen. One of my characters had some special zombie-surviving trait and still got murdered on his first turn. And he was not the only character of mine that died that game, oh no! It seems like a great game, but that kind of soured it for me. I love Ticket to Ride - our primary gaming friends had original flavor so we got Europe. I’m pretty sure it was a wedding present - people getting married in their 30s after five years of living together don’t really need cutlery, but board game are another story!
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If that’s the show with the sad little Christmas tree, I’ve definitely seen it often here in the states. The Great Pumpkin is big here too.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq Oof, bad luck for a first playthrough! I haven’t played it yet, but I’ll definitely hope for better luck.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options

Have you read this @Avidkeo, it explains why it’s so huge here. https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/now-thats-what-i-call-music/now-xmas/12-12-2018/how-snoopys-christmas-became-a-classic-in-nz-and-nowhere-else/

Note for our American friends, it’s the song that’s big here - not the movie. And it’s possibly our most popular Christmas song.

Bruce Ward: “I started at EMI in 1967, looking after all the singles. And that was the Christmas it was released. It just came in as a sample from America and I was looking at all the overseas charts seeing if it had charted anywhere. And it didn’t chart anywhere! I was sure it would be a hit here and released it and it ended up the biggest selling single EMI ever had! How bizarre is that?

“I’ve gone through all the chart books and it never really charted anywhere. I mean it made the top 50 or so, but it was never a bloody number one record. It’s insane, isn’t it? There’s a lot tracks like that. New Zealand’s got a strange taste in music.

“And the stupid thing is, I put together The Best Christmas Album in the World Ever and because ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ was on it, the album went absolutely crazy. And they’re still re-doing it now every Christmas. Every year when they do a Christmas album, ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ is on it. And it’s 50 years ago! How can a single that’s 50 years old still be so popular? It’s crazy!”
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Have you read this @Avidkeo, it explains why it’s so huge here. https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/now-thats-what-i-call-music/now-xmas/12-12-2018/how-snoopys-christmas-became-a-classic-in-nz-and-nowhere-else/

Note for our American friends, it’s the song that’s big here - not the movie. And it’s possibly our most popular Christmas song.

Bruce Ward: “I started at EMI in 1967, looking after all the singles. And that was the Christmas it was released. It just came in as a sample from America and I was looking at all the overseas charts seeing if it had charted anywhere. And it didn’t chart anywhere! I was sure it would be a hit here and released it and it ended up the biggest selling single EMI ever had! How bizarre is that?

“I’ve gone through all the chart books and it never really charted anywhere. I mean it made the top 50 or so, but it was never a bloody number one record. It’s insane, isn’t it? There’s a lot tracks like that. New Zealand’s got a strange taste in music.

“And the stupid thing is, I put together The Best Christmas Album in the World Ever and because ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ was on it, the album went absolutely crazy. And they’re still re-doing it now every Christmas. Every year when they do a Christmas album, ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ is on it. And it’s 50 years ago! How can a single that’s 50 years old still be so popular? It’s crazy!”
    I never even heard of the song :sweat_smile:
    But you have "Last Christmas" too?
    For me it isn't Christmas until that song has been played. Usually many many times ^^