December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    So, I did not want to run. It was cold. It was raining. I was tired. It was a Thursday. I heard a rumor that the price of tea in China went up- BUT I WENT ANWAYS. Only had time for a short run (FOR ME). It was rough cause I was tired, it was uphill (both ways) and it was raining. And cold. and it got dark. And of course, I was worried about the price of tea in China.

Anyways. On the way back I saw something moving in the dark (I stupidly left all lights at home and there are no street lights) that it took me a bit to figure out were deer.

My dudes, I almost got runned over by deer. Do they not know I AM NOT A GRANDMA?!?!? Sheesh.

I supposed what confused them it's that you are a "dear". Speaking of how good the English of non-natives is. :wink:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    Streak continues!

12/1 - 4 miles + transform app - upper body. RwRunStreak Day 10
    12/2 - 1 mile + 25 miles cycling #RwRunStreak Day 11
    12/3 - 1 Mile + transform App - legs #RwRunStreak Day 12
    12/4 - 5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 13
    12/5 - Transform App - legs/abs + 3 miles #RwRunStreak Day 14
    12/6 - 3 miles #RwRunStreak Day 15 + transform App = upper body
    12/7 - rest day so just 1 mile for the #RwRunStreak day 16
    12/8 - 44 miles cycling; 1 mile #RWRunStreak Day 17 + transform App Arms/Back
    12/9 - 3 miles #RwRunStreak Day 18
    12/10 - Transform App - legs/glutes Starting Phase 4 of women’s physique! + 4 miles #RwRunStreak Day 19
    12/11 - Transform App - arms/back + 3 miles #RwrunStreak Day 20
    12/12 - 1 mile #RwrunStreak Day 21 + Transform App Legs;Glutes
    12/13 - 5 miles #RwrunStreak Day 22.
    12/14 - 1 mile #RwrunStreak Day 23 + TA arms and back
    12/15 - 4 miles #RwRunStreak Day 24
    12/16 - 4.2 miles #RwRunStreak Day 25 + TA glutes and legs
    12/17 - 1 mile #RwRunStreak Day 26 + TA arms and back
    12/18 - 4.5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 27 + TA glutes/legs
    12/19 - 2.1 miles #RwRunStreak Day 28
    12/20 - 4 miles #RwRunStreak Day 29 + TA arms
    12/21 - 1.5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 30. REST DAY!

exercise.png

hi fellow streaker :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Do you guys get snoopys Christmas in the states? It's a kiwi staple, doesn't feel like Christmas till its been played

Have you read this @Avidkeo, it explains why it’s so huge here. https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/now-thats-what-i-call-music/now-xmas/12-12-2018/how-snoopys-christmas-became-a-classic-in-nz-and-nowhere-else/

Note for our American friends, it’s the song that’s big here - not the movie. And it’s possibly our most popular Christmas song.

Bruce Ward: “I started at EMI in 1967, looking after all the singles. And that was the Christmas it was released. It just came in as a sample from America and I was looking at all the overseas charts seeing if it had charted anywhere. And it didn’t chart anywhere! I was sure it would be a hit here and released it and it ended up the biggest selling single EMI ever had! How bizarre is that?

“I’ve gone through all the chart books and it never really charted anywhere. I mean it made the top 50 or so, but it was never a bloody number one record. It’s insane, isn’t it? There’s a lot tracks like that. New Zealand’s got a strange taste in music.

“And the stupid thing is, I put together The Best Christmas Album in the World Ever and because ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ was on it, the album went absolutely crazy. And they’re still re-doing it now every Christmas. Every year when they do a Christmas album, ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ is on it. And it’s 50 years ago! How can a single that’s 50 years old still be so popular? It’s crazy!”

Oh that's interesting - I've never heard of the song. That reminds me of a conversation I was having recently with my husband, who is a big fan of the old Donald Duck comics. Apparently the Swedes are also super into Donald Duck, especially around Christmas.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    18/12 3.20 miles
    19/12 3.20 miles
    21/12 3.22 miles

While I love to run over the past year I'm suffering really achy ankles and tend to walk like an old lady and especially in heels (I don't feel dressed for occassions wearing flats as I'm quite short and dumpy). I'm not sure is its my weight and I have very flat feet which I think running has made flatter or both. I always wear Brooks Adrenaline and get new pair as soon as I feel any strains in my legs. I tried Asics before which were really good that but they always gave me blisters on the arch of my foot. If anybody has an opinion or thoughts I be glad to hear them.

exercise.png

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Do you guys get snoopys Christmas in the states? It's a kiwi staple, doesn't feel like Christmas till its been played

Have you read this @Avidkeo, it explains why it’s so huge here. https://thespinoff.co.nz/music/now-thats-what-i-call-music/now-xmas/12-12-2018/how-snoopys-christmas-became-a-classic-in-nz-and-nowhere-else/

Note for our American friends, it’s the song that’s big here - not the movie. And it’s possibly our most popular Christmas song.

Bruce Ward: “I started at EMI in 1967, looking after all the singles. And that was the Christmas it was released. It just came in as a sample from America and I was looking at all the overseas charts seeing if it had charted anywhere. And it didn’t chart anywhere! I was sure it would be a hit here and released it and it ended up the biggest selling single EMI ever had! How bizarre is that?

“I’ve gone through all the chart books and it never really charted anywhere. I mean it made the top 50 or so, but it was never a bloody number one record. It’s insane, isn’t it? There’s a lot tracks like that. New Zealand’s got a strange taste in music.

“And the stupid thing is, I put together The Best Christmas Album in the World Ever and because ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ was on it, the album went absolutely crazy. And they’re still re-doing it now every Christmas. Every year when they do a Christmas album, ‘Snoopy’s Christmas’ is on it. And it’s 50 years ago! How can a single that’s 50 years old still be so popular? It’s crazy!”

Oh nope haven't read that, will do now.

I love the song because of the message, and it's the "bad guy" who's actually the good guy in it. I actually choke up a little when it first plays each year.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

Oh nope haven't read that, will do now.

I love the song because of the message, and it's the "bad guy" who's actually the good guy in it. I actually choke up a little when it first plays each year.

Just chiming in to say I'm American and totally know the song. I'm pretty sure it's been on the radio for years.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I found photos of my cousin and her husband on the race FB page
    mdgogjnoelg3.jpg
    43bmh5es60z1.jpg
    a43u9x55dkmv.jpg

What a great story!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    On the topic of inspiring runners:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a25617079/eight-year-old-marathoner-beat-leukemia/
    ETA
    There is a video if you are not interested in reading the article.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Got home early enough that I got to do my entire run in daylight for the first time in what feels like forever!!
    It took a while to feel warmed up but when all was said and done, I had a distance PR!!! 5.72 miles! My plan has me doing runs based on time. I went about 0.25 miles further today than the last time I did this run.

YAY!!! Well done!