December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq That is a serious race list for 2019! I had to Google neo-pagenism. Pretty cool, nothing I'd ever heard of. We recently joined the Catholic Church. DH does Masons, and is studying, I think Hinduism. He's on this enlightenment path. I think my true nature is nothing I've found yet. Maybe budhism. My thing is listening for truth. I dont know what i am or where i belong.

I don't buy gifts either. I can always admit to having my Christmas shopping done early. Yay! On the bonus!

Merry Christmas y'all!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent aren't you up a little late? Santa won't come if he knows your awake. :smiley:

You set cookies out? Who sets cookies out? Thats too cute. My poor kids weren't taught Santa and were the ones that ruined it for all the other kids in kindergarten. I got a phone call. The first of many actually.

What kind of cookies do you set out?

We told our son as he was growing up that Santa was a make-believe game so that he would pretend when around others, but he always knew the truth. So we did not do the whole cookie thing. :) But I would guess most parents told their kids that Santa would love whatever cookie was their favorite. :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    No run today, probably no run tomorrow. Spent most of the night playing Catan and Uno spin with wife and son.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Tramboman I had no idea the carrots were for Rudolph! I’m glad you mentioned that.

@sarahthes it’s nice to see those cute little cookies and not an American serving of sugar there! We’re German too, and always did the one gift on the eve. I had no idea that was a cultural tradition. I figured it was a way to shut the kids up.

We have no plans today. We skipped mass last night. I wanted to go at 10, do at 7 so it seems that neither one of us made a decision or commitment. 10 am this morning it is then.

End of month question?

What awesome swag did you get this year? And how is it adding value to your life?

———. <—ETA gah so annoying that I can’t make this work. Help! I need a teenager/nerd.

If no one minds, I’ll set us up for January? Don’t run away @garygse, maybe we three can rotate?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas however you all decide to spend the day.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    We’re German too, and always did the one gift on the eve. I had no idea that was a cultural tradition. I figured it was a way to shut the kids up.

I suspect that is EXACTLY how the tradition got started :lol:

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Yes, in Germany presents with family are the night before. And church squeezed in on Christmas Eve as well (and then my grandparents also always went on Christmas morning but our family was hit or miss). The cookies are actually from my husband's family, where the German is quite a few more generations removed - but the cookies are German.

Month end question: I got an extra pair of wool running socks, a hydration backpack, and some extra base layer stuff. We also got an InstantPot and a tv for the boys' room.

The running stuff is obvious. Running brings value to my life and improves my health. And having additional tools for running gives me fewer excuses when I'm not feeling it.

The InstantPot will help to find us more time in the day the same way most of our cooking gadgets do. Plus, geeking out over kitchen gadgets is something my hubby and I do together.

The new TV gives us some time back, primarily my husband's main source of downtime (video games).
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    The holiday streak is so fun I don't want it to end! Must admit my ankles and legs are a little sore, but not terrible.

Today is my 33rd anniversary. FYI, if you are planning a wedding, I don't recommend Dec 24th. We tend to forget it is our anniversary because we are so busy with Christmas stuff. When our kids were little we would completely forget it.

12/1 - 4 miles + transform app - upper body. RwRunStreak Day 10
    12/2 - 1 mile + 25 miles cycling #RwRunStreak Day 11
    12/3 - 1 Mile + transform App - legs #RwRunStreak Day 12
    12/4 - 5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 13
    12/5 - Transform App - legs/abs + 3 miles #RwRunStreak Day 14
    12/6 - 3 miles #RwRunStreak Day 15 + transform App = upper body
    12/7 - rest day so just 1 mile for the #RwRunStreak day 16
    12/8 - 44 miles cycling; 1 mile #RWRunStreak Day 17 + transform App Arms/Back
    12/9 - 3 miles #RwRunStreak Day 18
    12/10 - Transform App - legs/glutes Starting Phase 4 of women’s physique! + 4 miles #RwRunStreak Day 19
    12/11 - Transform App - arms/back + 3 miles #RwrunStreak Day 20
    12/12 - 1 mile #RwrunStreak Day 21 + Transform App Legs;Glutes
    12/13 - 5 miles #RwrunStreak Day 22.
    12/14 - 1 mile #RwrunStreak Day 23 + TA arms and back
    12/15 - 4 miles #RwRunStreak Day 24
    12/16 - 4.2 miles #RwRunStreak Day 25 + TA glutes and legs
    12/17 - 1 mile #RwRunStreak Day 26 + TA arms and back
    12/18 - 4.5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 27 + TA glutes/legs
    12/19 - 2.1 miles #RwRunStreak Day 28
    12/20 - 4 miles #RwRunStreak Day 29 + TA arms
    12/21 - 1.5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 30. REST DAY!
    12/22 - 5 miles #RwrunStreak Day 31
    12/23 - 1.5 miles #RwRunStreak Day 32 + TA - glutes and legs.
    12/24 - 4 miles + transform app - upper body. RwRunStreak Day 33

exercise.png

Happy anniversary! I know all about bad days to get married, my husband and I have our anniversary on the day Elvis died, and we live in Memphis. You can forget about hotel or restaurant reservations for our anniversary!

Wow, I wouldn't even know what day he died!