December Self Care Challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My December severely lacked self-care, so i’m eager to catch up on some ‘me-time’ in January! i’m so happy this thread is still going, and excited to see what everyone has been up to! ❤️
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @twyla77, I agree. December was a tough month for self-care. (Too much to do, too little time.)

Do you have any specific self-care ideas yet for January? :)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,162 Member
    Options
    Every year for the last four years, I come up with a new mantra for the year. In 2014, it was “no regrets”. I remember that year vividly as a year of personal growth and taking chances. I don’t really remember my 2018 mantra , which isn’t a good sign. So, I will actively work on finding a new mantra for 2019.
    https://moveforwardlancaster.com/this-year-make-a-new-years-mantra-instead-of-a-resolution/

Have you ever made a vision board? I take a big sheet of paper 12x12 inches (scrapbook paper) and I cut out pictures and words from magazines and glue them on. It’s like setting your intention for the new year. We could do this for “self care” vision board. Xo
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Every year for the last four years, I come up with a new mantra for the year. In 2014, it was “no regrets”. I remember that year vividly as a year of personal growth and taking chances. I don’t really remember my 2018 mantra , which isn’t a good sign. So, I will actively work on finding a new mantra for 2019.
    https://moveforwardlancaster.com/this-year-make-a-new-years-mantra-instead-of-a-resolution/

Have you ever made a vision board? I take a big sheet of paper 12x12 inches (scrapbook paper) and I cut out pictures and words from magazines and glue them on. It’s like setting your intention for the new year. We could do this for “self care” vision board. Xo

I absolutely love this idea. I have actually been toying with the idea of doing a yearly and monthly intention. Also tooting with doing an additive resolution. So many resolutions are "stop doing x", "lose x pounds". I would rather do something that adds to my life like "read more", "backpack more".
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @RubyRed427, I love the idea of a mantra for the year! I need to define this more clearly, but for 2019 I'm thinking about growth, new beginnings, and also fun (don't take everything so seriously).

I've often thought about doing a vision board and what I would put on there, but I haven't done one. Also, I've seen some wonderful online examples of people using their bullet journals as "part vision board." If you're comfortable sharing, I would love to see what you've done (but I understand if you would prefer not to share).

I'm looking forward to reading your linked content. :)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I saw a great quote “I love life and Life loves me.” It’s from Louise Hay, self help inspiration. Lately when my mind is starting to worry, get carried away... i say that simple quote over and over again. And I feel so much better. @SaraKim17 I am with you- Dont take everything so seriously. I truly believe we are on the earth to enjoy, help others, and do fun things. I will join you with that mantra. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »

I absolutely love this idea. I have actually been toying with the idea of doing a yearly and monthly intention. Also tooting with doing an additive resolution. So many resolutions are "stop doing x", "lose x pounds". I would rather do something that adds to my life like "read more", "backpack more".

Yes, so wise of you. Add something to your life Instead of “stop this”. Spin it positive. Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    I saw a great quote “I love life and Life loves me.” It’s from Louise Hay, self help inspiration. Lately when my mind is starting to worry, get carried away... i say that simple quote over and over again. And I feel so much better. @SaraKim17 I am with you- Dont take everything so seriously. I truly believe we are on the earth to enjoy, help others, and do fun things. I will join you with that mantra. Xo

@RubyRed427
    I LOVE Louise Hay!!!
    Thank you for reminding me.

I did explore the “values I have/live by” with words. I love your vision board idea - will do that !! Thank you!

I’ve been using: “Focus on Health. Everything flows from there.”
    &
    “You, and your body, do not have to be different in any way.”
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I started a "January 2019 Self Care Challenge" thread. Hope to see everyone there! :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    I started a "January 2019 Self Care Challenge" thread. Hope to see everyone there! :)

Thank you @SaraKim17