Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• ladyjenna8
    ladyjenna8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here in the DC area. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and to make new friends here! I think that by working together, we can attain our goals. I have type 1 diabetes and weight has always been an issue. I am a very emotional eater and really hoping to break old habit and form newer ones. Any advice would be great!
  • cfriedman44
    cfriedman44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenna, I just sent you my friend request. Would very much like to be your friend on our journey. I don't have type 1, but have type II. I live in PA. Look forward to hearing from you.
  • dislas1973
    dislas1973 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been coming here off and on for 8 years but not really using any of the resources except the counter to track food but without consistency. I'm fifty now and need to get healthy and looking to begin a new lifestyle journey as opposed to a weight loss plan.
  • MyPotatoChipDied22
    MyPotatoChipDied22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not technically new but returning after a few years. Would love to get some support buddies for motivation. Add me up if you're keen!
  • Walkalotofmiles
    Walkalotofmiles Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 61 years old and trying to lose weight. Have 40-45 to shed. I am not new to mfp but starting out today new to the decision to succeed. Tracking food is my downfall but I have to do it to reach my goals. Hi 5 to everyone! We got this!!!
  • RikkiLynn_
    RikkiLynn_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a MFP account years ago and am back to try again.

I'm 33 years old and looking to make a change to a healthier lifestyle to improve my quality of life, as well as to live a long life.

Neither of my parents made it to their 59th birthday, and I would like to surpass that.

I'm not super concerned with an ultimate goal weight, although I am hoping to lose around 100 pounds or so to ensure I improve my health and quality of life.

I really want to get strong physically and improve my mobility, endurance, sleep, and energy.

I would love to have some support buddies on here, so feel free to add me! ❤️
  • SelenaDonaldson
    SelenaDonaldson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to eat better, understand my “full” body signal better and lose 10-15 pounds :)
  • KaylieRoseChamberlain
    Options
    Hello all!

I’m Kaylie and I’m pursuing bariatric surgery soon. It requires a solid diet change before and after, so it’s not a quick fix, it’s a life change. I’m starting to track my food and activity here and just generally be more aware and make healthy choices. Has anyone else been through bariatric surgery?
  • SuzetteCanetti
    SuzetteCanetti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, beginning with the system. I am using the application that is pretty easy to understand and the best way to track calories during the day. I’m puertorican and gastronomy is rich in carbohydrates and fat, it is pretty difficult for me to follow a strict nutrition. With these community is easy to do it
  • OhioDido
    OhioDido Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    60 yo grandfather here looking to lose weight and get more fit so I can be there for my toddler granddaughters who we’re helping to raise. Always happy to make friends and so we can support each other
  • sunset230292
    sunset230292 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m new here and looking for new friends on my fitness journey 😊
  • cvsjr002
    cvsjr002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started using this app. I’m taking Zepbound so I figured this would help track calories eaten, burned and weight loss. Not sure if this will work, first day after a shot it’s impossible to eat 1000 calories so I got a warning that 679 calories was not enough to register for a weekly average? We’ll see.
  • MissDonna30
    MissDonna30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Technically, I am not new but I'm back after a LONG hiatus. I'm restarting my journey. Looking for support.
  • LauraLake_Luna
    LauraLake_Luna Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know what to do, I'm just not doing it.

I'm here to regain some awareness around what I've been eating and to monitor & celebrate my goals. The inner drive to look after myself has been difficult since the chaos of surgery, many moves, emergency renovations, and not being able to work in my business for the last year.

We tend to forget to look after ourselves while we go through the mess of life yet it's in those times we could use it the most.

✋️ Have you ever felt the impact of burnout?
  • Krissy_33
    Krissy_33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Restarting my fitness journey and looking for friends to help motivate me. Please add me because I can’t figure out how to send friend request lol please help!
  • MdnghtEther
    MdnghtEther Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ah hi. I’m new to this and I feel like I’m doing something wrong. I’m well overweight but I’m now struggling to eat even close to enough calories, ironically. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m either a reptile or I’m about to start starving to death. It’s only been 4 days tho so I’ll see which it is.
  • phyth
    phyth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been a member forever but just starting to use the app now to get focused on my goals. I want to lose approx. 40lbs and increase my strength and stamina. I've always had a problem with evening snacking and not sticking to exercise, so hopefully tracking my nutrition and workouts with the app will help me stay accountable.
    All the best to everyone!
  • Cutiebecca
    Cutiebecca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new here and looking to just keep up with what I do to keep happy in life. I try to keep myself from falling mentally and physically. I’ve been neglecting certain foods in life and really just here to keep track on making sure I stick to a happy lifestyle.

If you’d like to add me then go for it, I don’t bite.
  • BansheeCatXD
    BansheeCatXD Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi i am new here
  • RangerJames77
    RangerJames77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I been in the military for almost 31 years. I got hit by a RPG in 11’ and spent two years in the hospital. Then I spent 4 years in a wheelchair. I been busting my butt and I’m back to walking and getting back in shape for my job. I been on here for two months. qnd0ijibqf67.jpeg
    2e3vtmgsoi3m.jpeg