Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• Tokuni_Stone
    Tokuni_Stone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 this year.
    I am an artist, I work with a theatre company, a volunteer at a bookstore and an art gallery.
    Married to my hero.
    Mom to four kiddos (16,15,13,8) my youngest is severely disabled.
    I'm a dog and cat owner
    I cope with anxiety and depression
    Witch vibes, avid book reader, into punk & grunge music
    Looking to lose 68 pounds
    5'6
    Currently 190.6 pds
    Need friends & Support so add me!
  • ChrisBow1963
    ChrisBow1963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have joined this eve but intend to start properly tomorrow as it's now 7.49p.m so meal time is over 😁👍, I'm 41 years old had high b.p for 40 years and need too loose weight due to health issues I have 5 stone to loose , I'm not wanting to look good just wanting to live a healthy life for as long as possible , so for me as most of you on here it's to be fit and healthy .... I do wish you all the best on here and do add me as a friend , would be great to chat about how you are getting on and help each other maybe :) thank you for taking the time to read my post .... Cheryl xx

Hi Cheryl. I'm 60 and need to lose 4 stone. Joined today properly. I've given myself 1300 cals . Please add me if you want company.. chrisbow1963
  • Renees_journey
    Renees_journey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Renee, I live in Sydney Australia. Hoping to I still some consistency and accountability in my health journey.
  • ReidEPowell
    ReidEPowell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I’ve been off and on MFP for years but am ready to take my nutrition seriously and get to a healthy weight. Looking for encouragement from a positive community. Thanks!

- Reid in NC
  • DavidK_CO
    DavidK_CO Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    First time on MFP, but I lost 20+ pounds 3 years ago. Recently I have gained 12 back. Community has always been helpful on my fitness journey, so I am hoping to find groups with similar interests for encouragement. I run some, quite slowly, and I am in my 50s so everything happens slower.
  • colzola
    colzola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    New returning member, over 70 years old, female, still active, and I want to keep it that way. I have 30# to lose to my ideal weight. I do need more help this time, and commitment on my part.
  • maggiesumer
    maggiesumer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just joined MFP for the first time as a young adult so I can easily track calories and exercise to lose weight and get stronger. I would love some support and tips to achieve my fitness goals!
  • Rob6428
    Rob6428 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of a comeback. I was in great shape until 2 neck surgeries. I miss looking forward to the pool and taking my shirt off.
  • Megan1luv
    Megan1luv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to mfp. I'm 34 been married for 12 years and have 1 daughter. I'm trying to lose weight after gaining back what I lost. Add me
  • abcsonya8469
    abcsonya8469 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am a returning member.
    I have not used my fitness pal in many years. I should have kept it up . 😂
    Happy to be here and nice to meet everyone. 🙂
    Currently, I am trying to gain some weight, reduce blood pressure and heart rate , and do things that are healthy and fun.

• tovaryn1
    tovaryn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New to mfp. Happy to join! I'm looking forward to meeting new friends. I need to lose weight and get better fit. I want to do some hiking this summer.
  • tremayne230716
    tremayne230716 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to mfp!!! I'm excited to be on this journey with you all, I hope to be inspired and motivated by your stories...
  • KatieRoseMather
    KatieRoseMather Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I connect my Apple Watch to the app? Is it compatible?
  • unityone7
    unityone7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Trying this out. I have found through the years, my mind/emotions and thoughts are either my enemy or what helps me be successful.

I have been an emotional eater for most of my life. Getting a hold on that, by being forgiving to others and mostly myself is where I am the most successful with being healthy.

Choosing to love myself in how others are to me has been a breakthrough.

We can not change how people treat us BUT we can set boundaries for ourselves and be forgiving.

Move towards a support system of people who are caring and not hurtful to you. Replacing those, who sometimes might be family members.
    IT IS NOT BEING LOVING TO OTHERS OR YOURSELF, TO ALLOW THEM TO HURT YOU PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY!

With setting BOUNDARIES, you decide what comes to your heart.

This has taken me years to learn. Still learning but have made huge success!

Blessing to all of us for making a choice to break the hurtful pattern of turning to food for comfort.

Over eating is not comfortable!

Recognize our emotions and feelings while we are turning to food.

Ask yourself...am I hurt? Am I angry? If this is true, and your not really hungry, walk away.

Pet a pet, step outside and breathe etc.

God Bless
  • logiegirl9
    logiegirl9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I've just came back after a short break, I know it's not a great time to start but I have to start sometime, right
  • StaceyyLorraine
    StaceyyLorraine Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I am new to MyFitnessPal, and I have been struggling for years now with weightless. I am really hoping to start 2024 as a new me and really focus on my health. I am always open to make new friends for support and motivation as well!
  • goodbernal
    goodbernal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! 👋 Super pumped to kick off my fitness journey! Join me as I share the highs, lows, and gains along the way. Let's crush our goals together! 💪 #FitLife #ExcitedToFit
  • saisrinivas43
    saisrinivas43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On and off for a few years.. I am going to stick to it this time. Appreciate few friends who can motivate me to be consistent. Feel free to add me.
  • gregzsurvey
    gregzsurvey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged in for 2 years. Since July I've lost over 20 pounds, but Christmas meals got me and I gained 3 back. Trying to get back on track.
  • annlopezzz521
    annlopezzz521 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello guys I am Ann and I am rally happy to be a part of such community