What are your 2019 exercise goals?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    What I probably should have said was that I was struck by the number of posts describing how injuries and/or illness forced people to miss events or defer goals that they had set for 2019. Cycling, running, etc.

@Djproulx
    When I read "avoidance of injury" in Joe Friel's book it definitely struck a chord!
    Injury recovery seems to take so much longer and fitness seems to plummet quicker when you have to look back to see the top of the hill.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

<snip for reply length>

Reading today's posts, I notice that life threw curveballs to many others here as well. :)

<snip>

Reasons > excuses? (JK ;) ).

What I probably should have said was that I was struck by the number of posts describing how injuries and/or illness forced people to miss events or defer goals that they had set for 2019. Cycling, running, etc.

I understand. Just a bad joke on my part, that maybe we're more likely to jump in and post about things we didn't accomplish because actual reasons. No offense intended, truly. :flowerforyou:

None taken! :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

@Djproulx
    When I read "avoidance of injury" in Joe Friel's book it definitely struck a chord!
    Injury recovery seems to take so much longer and fitness seems to plummet quicker when you have to look back to see the top of the hill.

@sijomial - Oh yes, looking at my fitness level fall off a cliff in the Training Peaks tool during the last year was depressing. Climbing back up the hill now. :)