Best/Favorite concert you've ever been to?

Options
zeebruhgirl
zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
I can't pick just one!

I saw Anthrax/Megadeth three years ago October, Anthrax was amazingly high energy, and I legit snatched David Ellefson's (Megadeth bassist) pick out of mid air. I'm only 5'1" so that was impressive.

Saw Angra two years ago January, and lord, best crowd ever, best band ever. It was one of their like 4 shows EVER in the US and it was just phenominal.

What about you?

Replies

• griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I would have to say Kid Rock about a year or so ago. Then Blink 182 before that.
  • alwayswinter303
    Options
    Tool.

Roger waters performing the wall is a very very close second
  • dodgethisagent
    Options
    In terms of headlining bands, Nickelback (ready for the haters lol), Godsmack and Avenged Sevenfold were outstanding to see. Papa Roach was really good to. This upcoming saturday I have VIP tickets to the carnival of madness, get to meet and hang out with the bands (Shine Down, Papa Roach, Skillet) before the concert starts, super stoked!
  • Jean_Grey
    Options
    Sonic Youth in 2004 at the Dallas Gypsy Tea Room. And then I would have to pick the Dandy Warhols and M83 in 2012.

thurstonmoore.jpg
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    Saw Soundgarden in June in St. Louis.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Mumford and Sons!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Tool.

I saw them a few years ago. I liked THEM, but the crowd made me so miserable that it outweighed it. Seeing Puscifer live was incredible though.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    two favs

Kings of Leon about 6-7 years ago at the Brixton Aacdemy, (London)

De La Soul about 2 years ago at the London O2
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    My favorite concert was Motion City Soundtrack and Say Anything in 2010, two of my favorite bands playing together is hard to top!
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my favorite concert was at the Mandalay bay beach (i live in vegas). Fishbone and Slightly Stoopid played and Don Carlos was a surprise guest appearance. Awesome venue, Amazing music, great vibes. Reggae in the Desert is pretty good here too
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Weird Al last October. BEST. SHOWMAN. EVER.

After that, it's Motley Crue last August.
  • Patrick0321
    Patrick0321 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Big beach boutique5 last year. Sun burnt and thunder storms in the space of a dj set, amazing
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Metallica, Deftones, Linkin Park about 10 years ago!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    ROB ZOMBIE!! My husband and I have seen him twice in concert, one was an inside concert the other outdoors concert, both AMAZING!!!
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So I went to Lollapalooza in 1995. Wasn't real interested but I was given a free ticket. All of the "big names" for that year were disappointing at best, but 2 things stood out.

Sinead O'Connor did "Nothing Compares 2 U' and you could have heard a pin drop. Quite the performance.

Cypress Hill. They took the stage and tore that M----F---- down. They should have been the headliner, because no one else had a chance after that.
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    I've seen Green Day 3 times (twice at festivals and once at their own show)

The one that was their own show (21st Century Breakdown Tour) was the best. I've been a fan since around Dookie ('94)
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Can't Decide...
    RUSH
    Electric Six
    Muse
    RHCP
    Foo Fighters
    Avett Brothers
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member