Best/Favorite concert you've ever been to?

Options

Replies

• BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Incubus!! By far no doubt!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have been to Papa Roach 3 times and Hollywood Undead 4 times and they were all awesome.
  • kenderkc
    kenderkc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band, every year. The venue near me sucks but the band is still great and I always enjoy the show.
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

Worst, JT about 4 weeks about
    Wait. . .what? JT?

Was it bad? I'm holding tickets for a January show. . .and have high expectations. . . what was so bad about it.

Best performer I've ever seen live: Billy Joel, hands down

Best Band live: Papa Roach

Best All Around Concert Experience: Jimmy Buffett

Planning on seeing Kid Rock next month, can't wait for that, I'ver heard nothing but how awesome he is!
  • twenty20tunnelvision
    Options
    Graveyard and Radio Moscow In Philadelphia. Graveyard was staying in the same hotel as us... The show was in an awesome dive bar as opposed to a venue or club... I ripped the bladder out of the box of wine and had it in my purse. Yeah... Great show. \m/|x.X|\m/

Also visited the Eastern State Penitentiary... Good times, good times...
  • njoinersoccer
    Options
    Rolling Stones with opening acts Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews Band and Matchbox 20.
    After that every time i have seen AFI.
  • brett1117
    brett1117 Posts: 208
    Options
    1987-88ish? Boston and The Outfield!! AWESOME The Outfield wasn't too popular but GREAT DVD
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Sublime with Rome

Flogging Molly

Bruce Springsteen

Rolling Stones

System Of A Down with Mars Volta

Tragically Hip

George Thorogood

Van Morrison

Dropkick Murphys

Bad Religion

So many more but those are my favourites!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They are truly the greatest show on earth!

Aren't they great?! West coast or East coast troupe?
    West is incredible.

Too much religion story crap, the music was awesome though!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    U2 - Zoo TV - August 28th 1993 Dublin is probably still my favourite as my first big concert. Wasn't a huge U2 fan before but they are something else live.

Now I go to a lot of gigs and festivals so could probably give you a top 10 from the last year alone. My favourite from last year is probably John Grant. He's just excellent live. Didn't know much about him when I went to see him apart from listening to his latest album Pale Green Ghosts a few times but I left wanting to listen to more and bought his other albums and have booked to see him again in Liverpool in October.

My favourite festival gig is probably Ray Davies at Glastonbury 2010. The Kinks bassist Pete Quaiff had just died that week and it was very emotional. Lots of goosebump moments.
  • claudialenz711
    Options
    Having worked on hundreds of big productions ... the one that impressed me by far the most (set design, lighting, sound performance) has to be Aerosmith at the inaugural Abu Dhabi F1 GP set within the Ferrari World building on Yas Island in 2009.
    The one I always have the most fun at has to be Nickelback. Saw them in Abu Dhabi too last year, though the Aerosmith one will forever remain the most memorable!

Having said that: The most intense one has to be The Mark Lanegan Band at Shepherd's Bush Empire in 2012! He's got the biggest Stage Presence I've ever encountered, which you could feel in every corner of the venue. Sublime, awesome, sheer brilliance!
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My 2 favorites were both at Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Stevie Ray Vaughn playing on the riverboat President back in the late 80's and there was this Mardi Gras ball I've been to a couple times called Mom's ball. The Radiators were the musical entertainment and they would literally play for like 5 or 6 hours. It would start at 11:11...and I think we'd end up leaving the place at around 7 the next morning.
  • Event_Horizon975
    Event_Horizon975 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Tool.

Roger waters performing the wall is a very very close second
    Yep - Roger Waters "The Wall" was pretty excellent but Radiohead live is always my fav. \m/ \m/
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Going to go to my first concert ever in November!! India Arie in Pennsylvania! So excited! :love: :love: :love:
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Front row. Brian McKnight. Freaking awesome....he even recognized us after the show and hugged us all!! :love:

f342ee3c-96ed-47d8-b604-6086a77a98a2_zpsaa2d9a54.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Back in the day: RUN DMC and the Beastie Boys on tour.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Can't Decide...
    RUSH
    Electric Six
    Muse
    RHCP
    Foo Fighters
    Avett Brothers

Saw Muse in Detroit back in February - I'm not their biggest fan, but i must admit, they put on a great show... possibly the best concert I've ever been to.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    7/8 years ago Rolling Stones at Hampden Park, and they were AWESOME!!! my fav still alive band!

Mine is the Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour in 1995 at Wembley Stadium, ten feet from the front of the stage, they had the Black Crowes supporting. It was amazing, I was only 16. Me and my mate figured we had better see them before one of them died!! Haha!

Behind them, I just don't know. I've seen hundreds over the years, and I only see people I want to see, so I'm obviously going to enjoy it lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Milli Vanilli

milli-vanilli-dance-o.gif
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Milli Vanilli

milli-vanilli-dance-o.gif

:laugh: