January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @martaindale I find my trail times are 50-100% longer than my normal times for the same distance. I'm a back of the pack runner, for some perspective.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Once the gun sounds, you'll forget all about your congestion. Have a great race.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq you make great points about the time overhead of cold weather running. I think I spent as much time dressing, fidgeting, and reconfiguring for that first run as I did actually running. For me it was worth it, but I can see how it's a deterrent. And my second arctic run...yeah, I had to pee as soon as I was ready to go outside. I just ignored it and ran.

Honestly, that is one of the biggest reasons (behind Raynaud's of course) I end up on the dreadmill. If I have an hour or so to run and have to spend a big chunk of that dress/undressing it kills the run.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hit my goal and my stretch goal and even then some. After my run home I will be at 134.5 miles for the month, not going to lie I will probably do some laps around the block to hit 135 miles.

@PastorVincent loving all the movie references but it makes me feel like a bit of a nerd since I not only recognize them but can usually remember the movie they are from.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    @PastorVincent loving all the movie references but it makes me feel like a bit of a nerd since I not only recognize them but can usually remember the movie they are from.

:smiley:

My newest book is a portal fantasy where the main characters are a group of gamers so it is full of such random quotes.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent where can I find said book?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    @PastorVincent where can I find said book?

I can not link to my books here, as that understandably would be flagged by the mods as self-promotion. I can Private Message you though, so I did. Check there. :D
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    And 6.1 miles this morning brings me just past my stretch goal of 150 miles for the month *happy dance*. Another 23F/-5C run this morning. Nowhere near as cool as @7lenny7 -27F air temp but cool for us here in GA. Temperature regulation is not really an issue for me as I sweat no matter what I wear, my objective is not to freeze, so 50F and above is tshirt and shorts, 40-50F is long sleeve shirt and shorts, 30-40F add a base layer top and bottom, 20-30F add a midlayer top and bottom and wool socks(all plans subject to modification depending on wind/rain). Haven't run in colder than 20 degree weather since I moved back to GA 11 years ago, so no plan at this time for colder than that.

@AlphaHowls /bow

@7lenny7 Rock it out brother, awesome subzero runs.

@shanaber So sorry your pool heater not working.

@PastorVincent I am assuming same author name, will have to look it up when I have time this weekend.

@Avidkeo quality is good, but just getting out there is awesome!

@Mari33a Your shoulder must be feeling better, physio must have come up with some killer stuff for you!

@martaindale good luck on your trail run!

@ddmom0811 ooohhhh 40's, I am so there, LOL!

@MobyCarp Good luck at nationals sir!

@polskagirl01 That forest looks totally awesome!